tx2500 high pitched squeal

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by xaueious, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ziger

ziger Pen Pal - Newbie

So has anyone ordered a replacement? I am curious to see if the others have a chance of squealing too, or if it is an isolated issue on the 2.4ghz/320gb hd notebook. I still haven't experienced the issue described and am hoping I don't! I have 21 days I guess..

2. dsjk100

dsjk100 Pen Pal - Newbie

i have two other tablets allready a hp 1000, and a toshiba tablet, I am going to wait for the next generation now that the low cost producers are about to put touch screens in their notebooks, I imagine we will see many more moles this year.

3. tk_chan

tk_chan Pen Pal - Newbie

anybody using 2.2Ghz here has high pitched squeal noise too or it just happens in 2.4 model? man, thats gonna be a pain for me to return or fix it since i am in Canada...

4. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have ordered replacement with 2.2. Won't be in for a few days. Hopefully no squeal from that one.

5. Davediego

Davediego Pen Pal - Newbie

unfortunately I think its the integrated graphics, try minimizing / maximizing a window by repeatedly clicking on it in the start bar, the squealing noise changes everytime I do this on my tx2500 (2.1GHz, swapped in a hitachi hd)

6. thelaughingcrow

thelaughingcrow Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, my thinking is its either the graphics or the actual screen. I have a TX2510us so its a 2.1ghz processor and I have the squeal. Like the previous poster the squeal goes away when maximising or minimising windows or rotating the display.

Incidently the squeal is very similar to one I get with my HTC Tytn (touch screen smart phone) which makes me think it could be due to the touch screen but it could also just be a coincidence.

Unfortunately I bought my model while on vacation in the US, as i actually live in the UK I dont really have any hope of returning it :(

7. uniterscron

uniterscron Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tx2500z (2.2GHz, 320 GB). The noise is horrible especially when the unit is not plugged in. I chat with an online assistant who told me to uninstall the ACPI fixed feature button and update the bios. No luck. I tried RightMark cpu clock utility but the program didn't recognize the turion ultra.

Finally the hp guy have my tx2500 serviced. I really hope that they can fix it.

Do you think that there will be a bios update to fix this?

8. RaidenWoW

RaidenWoW Pen Pal - Newbie

If you think it's that, then unscrew and remove the hdd temporarily and turn it on and see if it still makes the noise. Someone please do this and tell me if you've figured out which is the squealy thing.

9. Joker4ever

Joker4ever Pen Pal - Newbie

my noise is when the HDD DOESN'T work, but it's not so loud, don't bother me... if it is working, no sound at all.

rm-70, fujitsu HDD 320go. tx2524ca.

10. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

I really think it might be the display. I have this problem on my tx2500z and had this problem on my old HP dv5000 (2.0 GHz Turion, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M). It doesn't bother me a whole lot, but with both of my HPs, if you turn the display off the squeal seems to go away...