TX2500, HID device conflict

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by be77solo, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys, got a quick question...

I'm running into a problem where I'm getting conflicts with one or more of the devices listed in my HID list and a program I'm running, causing major slowdowns... so, I disabled all the HID devices that under device manager were listed as "no driver files were loaded or necessary for this HID device" when getting the properties on the driver tab. This was a recommended fix for the problem I found on a support forum for the program which says it's a conflict with an unused or corrupted HID device, but that also completely disabled my touch and pen function.

So, here's my question, how do I tell which is correct and which is giving me a problem. Is it normal to have this many items listed? This is just a TX2500 with only a Microsoft mouse attached, nothing else. Here's a picture of all of the HID devices

[​IMG]

Any idea how to tell what does what? It all seems very generic, and no details or driver info is given. I know one or more is creating the problem, but tried doing enabling and disabling one at a time, and that didn't work on getting the tablet part working again, so it must require more than one. Thanks for any help!

2. zenzen.ii

zenzen.ii Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll second the question. My problem was that after reverting to Vista from 7 (too many headaches, especially with ArtRage), I decided to install official HP drivers for the Wacom Digitizer and Synaptics Touchpad (for some strange reason can only be found for tx2500 series but not for tx2600 ;-\).
    As a result, I immediately lost the digitizer function (usual arrow-like cursor instead of the speckle when I touched pen to the screen, unable to calibrate the pen, etc).
    So I went looking into Device Manager for HID and it was in the same sate as be77solo. I remembered an earlier post and uninstalled everything except for IR and Virtual stuff. I then rebooted and istalled tablet driver off the Wacom site. My pen is working again, I can calibrate (miss the Windows 7 16-point though ;(). The flipside of the driver massacre was that I now lost the touch capabilities, not that I miss *them* much, they caused me a major pain inside ArtRage, but I still would prefer turning them off the civilized way. Which driver should I reinstall to get the touch back? NB, if it screws the pen again, I'd rather do without touch.

3. be77solo

OK, since no one wants to help, the problem is that FEAR has a problem with our tablets.... something with the touch screen drivers under HID causes a problem that creates a MAJOR drop in performance after a few minutes of play. It's normally a problem associated with Logitech mice, I think Wacom drivers are our problem... but, without your help, can't tell. So, do you all have that many items listed under your HID devices? Is that normal?

Next question, does anybody play FEAR without problems? Mines run great at 50+fps, then drops to 10-20 due to a driver glitch that is documented online, but can't solve. Thanks!

Links to problem:
    http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/185878-f-e-r-slowdown-20-fps.html

4. JohnM109R

JohnM109R Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I have the same... the only thing you have diff is that you have bluetooth drivers which I don't so all is kewl :)

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've noticed the problem in FEAR on desktops with Logitech devices. I never found an answer expect unplugging the Logitech device, both mouse and keyboard. The only thing that I can think of is diabling the pen while playing. I've looked at this problem of and one since FEAR cam out and never found a software fix. I've not looked into for about a year but conisdering FEAR is a pretty old game now I don't now how much people have looked into.

On a good not its doesn't look like FEAR 2 has a problem with Logitech devices, at least not the demo.

Which reminds me, I should try the demo on my tx2z.

6. be77solo

ok, good to see that there's that many HID listed for everyone else... that was my first concern. Odd problem, but with all the HID devices disabled it runs FEAR perfectly, just no touch screen or pen.

As for FEAR 2, it actually ran pretty decent on my TX2500... totally playable and enjoyable, just at a reduced resolution, which on the small screen isn't that big of a deal to me.

Thanks for the input and help!

7. zenzen.ii

zenzen.ii Pen Pal - Newbie

I also got 7 HID-compliant devices in Manager (but only 1 instance of HID-compliant consumer control device though). I also lack Virtual Keyboard and Virtual Media Keys, the last one is funny 'cause I'm pretty sure I didn't uninstall them. After the latest updates, the screen started responded to touch but in a rather limited fashion: I didn't get to drag windows by the frame but I do get the mouse-thing on touch (and it actually works ;D). ArtRage is much less sensitive to accidental finger input, which was driving me crazy before. All in all, I am quite satisfied with the tablet now, except for calibration.

As for FEAR 1, never had it installed on tx2690, my love of headshots is currently being indulged by VATS in Fallout 3 on my main rig. Have to stay with 8.11 Catalyst though, I am in the small minority for whom 8.12 and 9.1 screw up Xfire even under 32-bit Vista.

BTW, is FEAR 2 on the par with the first one, creepiness-wise? Was majorly disappointed with Bioshock in this respect.

8. be77solo

Thanks for the extra info, seemed odd having that many, and wanted to make sure something wasn't messed up. ;)

Had a blast with the FEAR 2 demo, and that's what got me playing through the first one again before the new one comes out. It's definately got that creepy factor, seems a bit darker than the first one though, good stuff. And, if ya haven't tried it, worth the download, as it even lets ya try out the new mech suit at the end.

Do wish I could get the FEAR 1 problems managed a bit better, but struggling with that one... seems if I disable all of the HID devices it's fine, but that leads to a fairly crippled tablet for just one old game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.