tx2500 boot up issues

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by yellowsno, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

Last evening, i closed my tx2500z and let it go into sleep mode for the night, not plugged in. this morning, i plugged it in (power light still blinking for sleep mode), but didnt open it.

after work, i came home, opened the computer, and it wouldnt come back to life from sleep mode. i though it was odd, so i just hard-reset it with the power button.

it wouldnt boot up though. not even the hp logo, not even bios. all it does is makes the cd drive sound twice (not the usual 3), and continually blinks the capslock and scrolllock LEDs.

ive tried with the power cord, without the power cord, with and without the battery, with and without the cd drive, held the power button with everything detached, pressed all the normal buttons (esc, F8...) and nothing.

im clueless and would appreciate beyond belief any help. thank you!

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

if your aware of the tx1000 or the tx2000 issues then your tx2500 probably suffers from the same issue.

you gotta do a reflow of the gpu,
    -Tyler

3. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

i hate to sound so dumb, but can you explain what that entails? i did some searching and counldnt quite get the idea

4. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

it's a manufacturers defect. The graphics chip runs at such a high temperature that the chip actually detaches from the motherboard and your computer is unable to output a picture... or even boot up.

you can fix it by following this video:
    YouTube - HP tx1000 no boot / black screen / motherboard repair

or you can simply replace the motherboard. of course, with either repair I would still patch it up afterward with the tx1000 thermal paste mod.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hew...-tx1000-part-1-changing-thermal-compound.html

best of luck to you,
    -Tyler