TX2500 Battery Test, Post yours!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fysloc, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fysloc

fysloc Pen Pal - Newbie

Thought I make a new thread of people getting the most out of their battery life, what their settings are, how they tested it and what settings they changed to achieve it and perhaps share with everyone so we can squeeze out those extra minutes.

Specs: QL-60 2.0 ghz with bluetooth, 4gb, 250gb HDD (TX2604CA)
    Battery Life: 1 hour and 55 mins
    Test Condition: a 720p video repeatedly being played back until battery reached 5% from 100%
    Battery Type: Default 6 cell battery
    Power Option: Power saver mode in Windows 7 with max processor at 50% on battery and 50% brightness
    Settings/driver Change: Clean Windows 7 install, Drivers all direct from HP site, Wireless turned off during test, GPU clock tool to set the graphics card to 60 mhz, AMD Overdrive open to monitor temperature and cpu load

Not exactly the best options for getting the battery, but not much else I can think of to squeeze extra life, but thought I compare with other people.

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

HP TX2510us

Spec: AMD ZM-80 2.1 GHz with Bluetooth, 4GB RAM, 250 GB HDD

Battery Life: 2 Hours 42 Minutes

Test Condition: Light office work (MS Word, MS Excel) with Light web surfing on Firefox

Battery Type: Stock/Default 6-Cell Battery

Power Option: Windows Vista 32-bit default Power Saver setting with 60% Brightness

Settings/Driver Changes:
    Clean Vista 32-bit SP1 install
    Drivers from HP and Windows Update
    GPU on Maximum Battery Life Through ATI CCC
    Bluetooth turned off
    Mr. Systematic's Undervolting program used
    CD drive swapped out for "Skeleton" drive
    BatteryBar from Osiris Development downloaded and running on TaskBar

Could be better by a few minutes if Wireless is off, but not bad considering from a 100% charge until it goes into hibernation at 5 % (process of going into hibernation is not counted i the 2 Hrs. 42 Min.).

Again, i have to say thanks to Mr. Systematic's undervolting program...Its extended the battery life by ALOT from i used to have before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.