tx2500 and Windows 7; drivers and other settings recommended.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by RonaldReagan, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonaldReagan

RonaldReagan Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased a tx2500 in 2008 and struggled with vista and all the bloatware that strangled the performance. After reading a lot of posts on this forum, it seems that Windows 7 is currently the preferred OS. Just yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 7 x64 and couldn't be happier.

I have not changed any of the drivers or any other setting that were default in Windows 7. Reading the random posts concerning issues, I'm hesitant to mess with something that works so much better than it did before with Vista + bloatware without advice since it's out there but scattered. I can imagine there are others that would benefit from a consolidated thread on this topic.

What drivers or settings increased the Windows 7 experience on the tx2500 with minimal risk of technical conflicts?

So far I'm seeing that some have used the HP touch screen driver, undervolted the CPU (through a program/service I'm assuming), and will require a driver to be installed make the buttons around the bezel work. Also, there were questions floating around about how to get the media center remote to work. I'd like to know if anybody installed the finger print reader driver and digital persona software without issue? Has anyone installed the ATI graphics software and/or alternate driver and were there any improvements or conflicts?

I will be going back to provide links to the threads that had answered the concerns I've researched but feel that it would be beneficial to have a thread consolidating everyone's experience with Windows 7 and the tx2500.

My search results:
    ATI Graphics: Thread Link, Driver Download Link x64
    Wacom driver instructions to reinstate pressure sensitivity (not recommended, default Win7 drivers worked great for me and others): Thread1 Thread2
    Quick Launch Buttons: LINK to driver download (Thanks Tiezep!)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

My girlfriend's tx2500 screen buttons don't work. I updated the drivers with the latest available in the HP support page and now I don't have the old ones around.

Could someone please post a link to working Windows 7 HP Quick Launch buttons drivers?

Thanks!

@RonaldReagan: Please be sure to keep your first post updated!

3. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46731.exe

@seketh this is the driver I used last week when I installed catalyst 10.6

proven working for me

@Reagen (familiar name... r_r)
    I stuck with the standard win7 wacom drivers.

on my last install of win7 I tried the wacom drivers listed and got buggy results when it came to passive touch.

with the win7 standard drivers my passive and digital touch are spot on, however my cpu goes to full load when using digital... so, pick your poison,
    -Tyler

4. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

5. RonaldReagan

Thanks for the input. I added the info the first post. Did the Catalyst 10.6 provide any benefit or issues?

6. Tiezep

benefit is it helps a little bit with climate control in games (no more forced shutdowns due to overheating)

plus, it significantly helps play high powered flash content (the big reason to update)

also, it may help with screen rotations... seems faster to me at least,
    -Tyler

7. roliver33

roliver33 Pen Pal - Newbie

When I installed windows 7 my tx2500 webcam stopped working, I've reinstalled many times and still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?

8. Tiezep

I'm using the win7 standard driver and it seems to work fine for me

however I never actually use my webcam so maybe it's an incompatibility with the software you're using

anyway, my small test only included this
    Test My Cam : Testmycam.com - test webcam - check your webcam

if nothing works then try to either revert to the older win7 driver or try the hp vista driver for win 7 installation,
    -Tyler

9. RonaldReagan

roliver33, let me know the outcome and I'll add the working driver to the list.

Thanks!

10. Spike15

Spike15 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.