TX2000z - pivot not working on XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tukiwa, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tukiwa

tukiwa Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it just me or does all the TX2000z owners have this problem? I've tried various solutions that seem to work for many laptop brands (i.e. the famous Rotateflag "0x40" inf edit trick).

I've tried using Quicklaunch Software 6.10 (breaks my brightness keys [FN + F7/F8]) but my rotate/quickplay seem to respond. Mouse cursor turns to hourglass for 1 second upon pressing said buttons but nothing happens.

Quicklaunch Software 6.40 (the driver off HP.com TX2000 section) makes the brightness keys work, but, pressing the rotate/quickplay buttons produces no results (no more hourglass upon button press).

I have installed Pivot software, in hopes that maybe the missing --modules-- link gets installed.

Touchkit software does not recognize any devices.

I've tried various nvidia drivers (with or without editing the rotateflag "0x40", tried "0x10", "16").

If you have TX2000z w/XP, chime in if your pivot works or not.

2. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

pivot works with the 0x40 mod for me. although, the pen and touch only work in 0 and 270 degrees, the other modes, me pen is detected at the opposite end of the screen.

3. tukiwa

tukiwa Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed QPlay and the DVD button works.

To Recap:
    With Qplay 6.1--
    The button below Qplay works (opens qplay).
    Rotate Button + Settings(?) responds but does not work.
    FN+ keys do not work

So having my FN keys rather than nothing, was going to install Qlaunch 6.4. I uninstalled Qlaunch 6.1 via the "Add/Remove Programs" and restarted when prompted. I was expecting my volume, FN, etc.. would not work but I tried them anyway and they worked! (rotate still does not, to my dismay)

Interesting.. under Add/Remove programs, I don't see any HP Quicklaunch software. I was under the assumption that without the quicklaunch software none of those special buttons should work. The plot thickens..

4. tukiwa

tukiwa Pen Pal - Newbie

After many trials and tribulation, I finally fixed my problem!

What I learned:
    1. FN+ keys & volume work w/o QuickLaunch.
    2. QuickPlay software activates the DVD button.
    3. QuickLaunch software activates the Rotate button.
    4. It seems that certain nvidia display drivers break/deactivate FN+ keys. e.g. Nvidia version (sp33573)

Before fix:
    Display driver - Nvidia version (sp33573)
    No QuickLaunch software.

Fix:
    1. Install Nvidia driver (SP33549)
      • with edited nvwi.inf RotateFlag 0x40
    2. enabled NView Desktop (this was disabled by default)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install QuickLaunch software
    5. Reboot

So what was different between the many times I installed this same display driver & QuickLaunch?

It was the enabling of the NView Desktop option in Display Properties. After enabling the option, I saw that you could set a button/key to rotate the screen. I had uninstalled the QuickLaunch therefore my rotate button was not registering. I knew right away that after installing QuickLaunch software that my rotate problem would be fixed. I was right. Finally got everything I want working.:) :cool: :p

Hope this helps someone.

add:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. LukeJ

LukeJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I have the tx2000z w/ vista and am having the exact same problem with rotate. I am not sure what exactly I did. One moment it worked and then a little later it didn't. It is pretty annoying since that rotate button was very handy while it worked.

6. LukeJ

LukeJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey so after more playing around I uninstalled Quicklaunch and then reinstalled it and I regained the function of the rotate button. Also the screen auto-rotates when it is changed from notebook to tablet mode. I am not sure why it worked here and not for other people.

I am not sure if this would be of interest to people who want the rotate button to work but I found a driver on the HP website for the rotate button for XP Tablet PC Ed.

Rotate Button Driver for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=PSG_I20664-104515&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
    Here is info I took from their site...
    Type: Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
    Version: 1.0 (17 Mar 2004)
    Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    File name: sp27492.exe (1.3 MB)

DESCRIPTION:
    This is the Windows XP Tablet PC driver for the Rotate button in the notebook models listed below. It enables the features and functions of the Rotate button.
    PURPOSE:
    Routine
    SOFTPAQ NUMBER:
    SP27492
    SUPERSEDES:
    None
    EFFECTIVE DATE:
    March 17, 2004
    CATEGORY:
    Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
    SSM SUPPORTED:
    No
    PRODUCT TYPE(S):
    NOTEBOOKS
    PRODUCT MODEL(S):
    HP Rugged Tablet PC tr3000

I am sorry if this doesn't apply but it might help someone.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. ss327

ss327 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, does someone have every feature working with Wondows XP?
    I'm thinking of purchasing one but only if I can use it with xp. I have seen the use of tx1xxx drivers but not pen etc. working.
    Thanks....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.