TX2000 windows 7 fun (aka problems)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by shi, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

I like windows 7 64 so far but there are a few problems I am having.

1. Video driver. (I had this same problem with vista 64)
    I've been using an older vista driver with win7 because with the most recent driver whenever a uac box pops up the screen goes black for about 5-8 seconds and then the same thing happens after I hit ok and the box goes away.
    When I shut down the computer the screen goes black again for a little bit and a notification that a program is not responding pops up but not long enough for me to see which application it is.

2. Scroll Pad (Happened with vista also)
    When I play a video (or farmville but don't tell anyone) full screen I lose the scrolling feature on the touchpad for a little bit then it randomly comes back.

Also does it seem like things are installing twice with win7.

Is anyone else having similar problems or have any answers?
    Does this make any sence?

-Aloha

2. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Q1. Sorry no idea
    Q2. Were you referring to flash video on a website? (Farmvillle is also flash-based IIRC)

That issue sounds like Synaptics touchpad bug to me, (I think Synaptics has fixed it in their updated driver, can't recall on what version)

The temporary fix is simple, press space bar two times and voila!

3. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

For Q2:

I had the same problem, everytime I play Restaurant City on full screen and close it down, the scroll of my touchpad stops working. To resolve the problem, uninstall Synaptics from Programs and Features and then download and install the latest Synaptics driver here:

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Actually, after you have taken out Synaptics, the issue will be resolved because the problem doesn't exists when using the generic touchpad driver installed by windows. Installing the driver from Synaptics will bring back the customization options of the touchpad.

4. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your replies. I'll try that and see if it works.

5. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

Do any of you use customizations available for the touchpad. I never have.

does anyone have a problem with their video driver go 6150?

one other thing that is bugging me is when the computer boots up I get the windows animation but the sound for the animation is about 5 seconds late or so. It comes on after the screen has changed to the logon screen. I don't think that it is a big deal but I wanted to make sure that this isn't a symptom of a bigger problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.