TX2000 upgrade to Vista 64, everything works?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by xaznxeclipsex, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xaznxeclipsex

xaznxeclipsex Pen Pal - Newbie

My Tx2000 is on its way, and I am thinking about doing a fresh install of Vista Ultimate 64 bit , does all the buttons/drivers work as they should? I was thinking of installing XP but read that 4 buttons dont work.

2. ScotchtapeLoser

ScotchtapeLoser Scribbler - Standard Member

Everything works with Vista ultimate x64. i've installed the ultimate and the enterprise editions and have everything working exactly as it is suppose to. There was one user who had some problems, but that was corrected after a second wipe and install.

Make sure to save your hp quicklaunch button folder so you have access to the older dll so your autorotate will work. This is not an x64 issue but HP disabling the autorotate on the hp quicklaunch button installer 6.4B that is available on their website.

3. xaznxeclipsex

Thanks for the reply, is the hp quick launch folder under program files? So I just copy that folder onto a pen drive, clean install Vista 64 and replace/overwrite the whole quick launch folder?

4. ScotchtapeLoser

there actually is only one file. C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\MCSVActn.dll

when you switch to x64, you can go ahead and install the version that is available on the website. you can copy the dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\MCSVActn.dll

and replace the other version that does not autorotate.

and a side note, You should save the c:\swsetup folder. It has all of the drivers and default software.

5. xaznxeclipsex

thanks for the great information!

6. tenblack

tenblack Pen Pal - Newbie

That would be me and I'm happy to report that my machine is running great since the second wipe. I'd recommend to anyone.

7. xaznxeclipsex

Can you please share your thoughts about Vista64 on the TX2000. Thanks!

8. tenblack

tenblack Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm someone who typically works with 5-6 things open at once which obviously becomes a drain on resources. I threw 4GB and upgraded to 64bit and I have yet to encounter a point where I feel like I'm being slowed down.

The downside is obviously making sure that all of your applications will run, but I have a wide variety of things running and have yet to run across something that won't run.

9. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

so far, the only driver does not have and let you install is digital personal.

Everything else works fine. Although, I have found that the touch screen response is not accurate as in vista 32bit. Anyone has this problem?

I think I may go back to vista 32bit.

10. ScotchtapeLoser

I have x64 vista running and I'm able to use digital persona. It's not listed on their website, but if you saved your c:\swsetup folder, the installer is in there. (C:\swsetup\DPFPR\setup.exe)

The 64 bit versions of the Chipset, audio, bluetooth, AuthenTec (FP driver), modem, mouse pad, TV tuner, Video, wLAN drivers are all within c:\swsetup\drivers folder.

There is only a 32bit version of the quicklaunch buttons but that works on 64 Vista.

The screen works the same with 32 and 64 bit for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.