Tx2000 Temperature

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ixidor, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok, Laptop mag reviews say it runs cool. People who "step near it" say it's warm/hot... What's the deal here? Does it run hot or does it run cool? Anyone who's tried it please shed some light on this. (it'd be awesome if it ran cooler than the tx1000 w/ 2.0ghz)

2. VirtualKnitter

VirtualKnitter Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm really interested in learning the answer to this question too. However, it's all relative because this Dell (not a tablet) that I'm using right now runs really hot - so hot that they had to discontinue making this model and extend EVERYONE's warranty through the end of February (it was purchased in fall of 2004). In fact, mine has had the motherboard replaced 3 times due to the problems with it!

Anyway, I played with the tx1000 for a couple hours last night because my husband brought one home just so I could check out the general form factor before ordering a 2000tx, and I didn't think it was hot at all. Like I said, it's all relative!

Anyway, hope someone can answer this as I think we'll order one today.

3. lol wut

lol wut Pen Pal - Newbie

Under vista a tx1000 runs very hot unless you configure a profile to set maximum processor power to 30%. I suspect this is because of Vista's indexing and Superfetch, which uses processor power when idle.

Under XP I have no issues, however. Although the machine is warm the fan is quiet and I can barely hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.