TX2000 Series XP Drivers

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by e.pol, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Danger Gadget

Danger Gadget Pen Pal - Newbie

Oops... I just solved my previous message. In XP the Realtek audio drivers don't give you a separate "Realtek digital output" - instead the standard "Realtek HD Audio" is routed to Optical whenever the plug is inserted.
    This is better on several fronts than Vista:
    -The output remains active so there's no pause before playing anything due to the reciever waking up (this is why I didn't notice it working!)
    -It's always on full volume so you can leave a volume on the reciever and find it the same the next time you use it.
    -It's on the same output so no having to close your app, change the audio output in Control Panel, then reopen it!! This was a pain in the neck in Vista.

Working fine on the latest R221 drivers from Realtek (I get a blanked out "SPDIF" slider in my mixers). Like others I initially found that with the R171 driver the jack didn't work.

2. mrumble

mrumble Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to resurrect an older thread... but I see I'm not the only one.

I had some problems with Vista so I FINALLY "downgraded" to XP.

Using the drivers and information in this forumn everything went great. THANK YOU ALL!!

EXCEPT... the processor runs at full tilt all the time. I tried both SpeedSwitchXP and Notebook Hardware Control. Although both programs recognized and allowed me to put the laptop into "Max. Battery" (which is supposed to slow the processor down) the laptop remains at around the max. of 2192MHz. CPU Load 0%.

I have the 2114ca (Turion X2 TL-64) running a legitimate Win XP Pro upgraded to SP3.

Any thoughts?

3. mrumble

mrumble Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry... I hate when other people do this... After posting, I got the inspirational flash to go to the AMD website. They have a LOT of downloads and utilities.

I downloaded the drivers from that website and AMD Power Monitor. Now I'm ticking along at 800MHz (which is what I wanted) and it allows me to change power settings (and the processor responds immediately).

4. kanyons

kanyons Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tx2120us and I'm running XP 64. I've tried almost ever driver for the quick launch buttons. It keep saying my operating system is not supported. Does any one have a link or name for a driver that someone has got to properly work with XP 64?

The other problem I have is when scrolling in firefox or ie it's just terrible. It's like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7UKSJWzJ9A . Any suggestions?

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

For the firefox problem try rightclick on the desktop -> properties -> settings -> extended -> troubleshooting and reduce the hardware acceleration.

And I must say it's hard to get everything work correct on xp 32 and on xp 64 it must be even harder.

6. farida_hp

farida_hp Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear schj98,

i wanna downgrade to xp for pavillion tx2000, but i can't download driver from rapidshare, need ur help, thnz

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. MUK_SD

MUK_SD Pen Pal - Newbie

8. marksell79

marksell79 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I bought a TX2050ea on ebay, and the seller didn't give me any cd/dvd with OS or drivers....

the system had win7 installed, but wasn't very responsive.

so i decided to format the whole thing and try to put xp tablet.

I deleted all the partitions, and made one of 40GB and the other with the remaining space.

So far so good, I booted with my win xp tablet cd and the installation started.

After the first reboot, when it says it takes 39 mins for the installation to complete, the pc automatically turns off.

I tried with another XP professional ( after re-formatting the HDD) but got the same problem...if I turn it on after the ''autoswitchoff '', the OS resumes the installation but after one minute or two, off again...

do you think it may be a oveheating problem ?

I tried to search for a similar problem in this thread but didn't find anything.... :confused:

Sorry I am new here, so i don't know whether I should start a new thread or not ? I am writing here because I read that all the TX2000 had to go here...

thank you for your help!
    Mark

9. e.pol

e.pol Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi marksell79,
    If you think about overheating problem, you will feel this by touch it , or use
    fan to blow the notebook.
    But, i need you to tried install with windows xp service pack 2( not service pack3)

Hi, for guys:
    I'm using tx2004au, down grade from vista to winxp and found problem can use stylus and can't use finger touch on screen, any one can help please.

sorry for my poor english

10. e.pol

e.pol Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm look for your notebook model, the hardware chipset look like tx2004au