TX2000 Series XP Drivers

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by e.pol, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kevinmwolf

kevinmwolf Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much schj98!

Great work on pulling all of this together.

-k

2. kevinmwolf

kevinmwolf Pen Pal - Newbie

3. chiefchief

chiefchief Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you so much for such a wonderful post! I was having problems with Blue Soleil crashing in Vista, so this really helps me out.

However, there's still one piece missing. I'm using the tx2120us. After all the drivers are installed, I have two devices still 'unknown': Other PCI Device, SM Bus Controller.

A quick search on pcidatabase.com with the PnP numbers showed that these were from the nForce chipset.

Last time I downgraded an HP laptop and attempted to install the nForce chip set in XP I had a hell of a time. Most nForce drivers would screw up the computer. It wouldn't work until I found the EXACT driver.

Any thoughts?

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

5. AsianMarck

AsianMarck Pen Pal - Newbie

i had to sign up for this forum just to say thank you to schj98. Thank you i thought i was screwed when i downgraded on my tx2000z. I couldnt find a video driver that worked until i installed the one you provided. Hopefully the packet works just as good. Thank you.

6. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Can someone upload the driver packs on the first page to say, Mediafire.com? Rapidshare is impossible to use, shessh...

I'm looking at all these wonderful drive packs people created, and yet I can't download because rapidshare says I'm downloading a file already...

7. darquerain

darquerain Pen Pal - Newbie

thanx a lot for this infos, help a lot ! :)

one important question (sorry im new to this vista vs xp 64 bits thing!)

did you use XP 64 for the TX2000 laptop or just the original XP 32bit (64 i guess since it originaly came with vista 64?)

i realy wan to downgrade to XP but don't know which version to buy to be sure it's the most compatible with my new TX 2000 laptop !

thank you !

8. polluxthegreat

polluxthegreat Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys...

have the same problem with you (2 unknown device : other PCI bridge device and also SM bus controller) but i can't find the tx1000 package thread you were saying, 2 days i've been looking that thread but still i can't find it. could you guys please help me :D

THX B4

9. fryxar

fryxar Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an HP Tx2032 with WinXP SP3, when I rotate the screen from the NVIDIA control panel, it works fine. The problem I have, is that the touch screen seems didn't t rotate, when I touch the screen with the pen in one corner, the arrow position goes to the other corner. Does anybody have the same problem? Thanks!

10. Danger Gadget

Danger Gadget Pen Pal - Newbie

Another thanks to schj98 for those drivers, saved me a lot of work!!! Win XP (32) is going soooo much better than Vista 32, no more 10 minute shutdowns and way less CPU use / fan noise.

One question though to anyone here: No matter which variant of the Realtek HD audio driver I try (e.g. R170, R195,R221), I don't get optical digital out (SPDIF).

In other words, if I go to Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio in control panel, the only device available is "Realtek HD Audio Output". In Vista I also had "Realtek Digital Output" which if selected would send all my sound through the optical SPDIF jack through to my reciever in digital form.

There doesn't seem to be another way of getting the sound to the optical spdif socket either.

Does anyone know a solution? Thanks in advance.