tx2000 heat issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dhwung, Mar 7, 2008.

1. dhwung

dhwung Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my tx2000 and im not apicky guy but this thing seems REALLY hot. could it be that I only have 1 gb of ram so the comp is running hot? Its actually the top right hand corner with the vents, it is shooting out some HOT air. everything else is warm however when i put the computer on jmy lap it burns my right leg becuase of the vent placement. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. jason12

jason12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the fastest one (2.4GHz) and it does get warm. Definetly not hot. It does get warmer when I run lets say mpeg encoder. Nothing outstanding though. Same as other laptops.

My guess is that while it is on your lap you cover the air intake vents that makes it hot.

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I was getting that too. The solution I found...don't use it without pants.

4. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

mine does get warm but not hot

5. tukiwa

tukiwa Pen Pal - Newbie

I think HP should go back to the drawing board on this part. If possible put a larger heatsink/fan that way it can cut down on the heat + fan NOISE.

While they are at it, also add an advanced feature in the bios where you can change the settings for when the fan kicks in.

Seems like they crammed a LOT of stuff into a small package.

6. jason12

jason12 Pen Pal - Newbie

TX2000 is not worse/better than an everage laptop from the heat point of view. With XP installed and under light use (web browsing, text editing) the fan is silent and cpu area is just slightly warm.

I wonder if Vista is using CPU a lot causing some users to complain.

7. lol wut

lol wut Pen Pal - Newbie

adjust your power settings, especially maximum and minimum processor speed

8. dhwung

dhwung Pen Pal - Newbie

ah nm on this thread, it turns out the laptop was only hot because it was installing alot of the vista crap.. but the screen is too grainy for me so im returning it... i got it for 780 bucks too... so cheap but i cant stand it. I should have sold it on ebay for like 900 bucks, pocket 100 bucks... owell

9. JohnGuin

JohnGuin Pen Pal - Newbie

10. KhaOZ

KhaOZ Scribbler - Standard Member

It was that bad? This is bad news for someone who just ordered one of these :(