TX2 Win7 NTRIG Drivers poll...

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by trihy, Nov 15, 2009.

?

What do you think of win7 ntrig drivers?

1. Working great!

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Two touch points are NOT multitouch!

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Two touch points are enough for me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They are cr@p!

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahbot

blahbot Pen Pal - Newbie

I did not notice that, but yes, it does disable itself, so I guess its no longer dual, its either touch or pen. It's nice enough that even if the pen isn't close to the screen, my hand won't get recognised, though it can tell a delibrate touch. I won't be able to tell whether its functioning properly all the time until classes start back up in 10 days, but liking it so far

2. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

The Ntrig panel is almost empty, but you can still turn off touch in Control Panel > Pen and Touch > under the "Touch" tab, uncheck "Use your finger as an input device". Maybe Ntrig took out that setting on its panel because it already exists in Windows. :p

Oh, and isn't dual mode the default now? The touch disables when the pen is near the screen, like how it used to be.

3. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

Happy to get the drivers, Now I'm just as happy to roll back and uninstall them.

It almost seems like the range for the stylus to be detected for palm rejection shrank under the new drivers. Palm rejection failed quite a bit for me using the new sets.

Ok, no big deal I don't rely on it anyway... (usually toggle between touch on or off entirely)

I'm not sure if it's only me who had this issue, but When using the button, right-click-select; clicking and holding then moving the pen across the screen more than an inch side to side or up/down at all resulted in the digitizer registering it as a rapid and repeated click, instead of a click-hold-drag action. Selecting large chunks of ink was frustratingly impossible without switching to lasso tool... which kinda defeats the purpose of the button.

Problem fixed with an uninstall of the new drivers. Can I give up hope now?

4. Colli

Colli Pen Pal - Newbie

With the new drivers, I've had two instances that the pointer would just move to the left side of the screen on its own. I had to restart the unit for it to work again. Also, I've had a few instances wherein the screen would have no touch or pen recognition upon startup. A restart would enable it again though. Has anyone had the same experience as mine?

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just installed the new drivers and things for me are MUCH better. My pen was starting to get REALLY wonky on me and now it seems to be working perfectly along with touch.

The tx2 ain't a bad machine but the tm2 is much better overall, especially in the heat department. The tm2 is SO much more comfortable to hold.

6. xttx

xttx Pen Pal - Newbie

With the new driver(windows 7 x64), the touch screen is not always working. It works if you don't turn it into slate mode. However, if you turn it into slate mode, log off and log in again 2 or 3 times, the screen will become unstable. Finally, it couldn't sense the pen or fingers unless I restart it again. I am so frustrated. I am sure that I won't buy any other N-trig product. I felt I was ripped off by them.
    Any one know how to make the touch screen usable? Please help!

7. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, so far I haven't had any issues with the new driver, as I use it always on slate mode. You can try to reinstall it (uninstall ntrig first from control panel > programs and features), then calibrate both pen and touch.

8. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, you might want to make sure that the drivers are properly installed. I had to run the process several times before they actually installed properly. But since then the machine as been running well with both pen and touch, better than its ever been before. Works almost as well as the tm2 but the tm2 is a bit smoother overall and boy its so much cooler! That as probably the nicest change from the tx2 to the tm2, the thermals and battery life especially when running the Intel IGP.

9. xttx

xttx Pen Pal - Newbie

thank for the advices. I have just uninstall and reinstall the driver again. It is so far so good now.

10. blahbot

blahbot Pen Pal - Newbie

It was running great for a few days, and I always do a cold-boot, but for some reason I did a cold-boot today, there was no touch recognition at all. I have no idea as to why. I'm pretty sure the drivers installed properly because I must have started from a cold-boot at least over a dozen times since installing the new drivers, and they worked fine each time. Could it be a driver issue? Or do you think I need to reinstall them?