Tx2 Slice Battery

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by IamGibby, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamGibby

IamGibby Pen Pal - Newbie

Curious if they are made for this laptop model and which one would it be that goes to it? I've searched here and on Google for Tx2 slice batteries, but I seem to get a mix of types and kinds and this 'slice battery' concept is really new to me. Also what does the boost in battery life extend to from the factory battery life of what seems to be an hour and a half to two hours (if you're lucky)

Thanks for any information on this guys.

Chris.

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

err....as far as slice batteries go, i think they're for the Elitebook lines (2710p, 2730p, and so on), although i'd be surprised if the tx2 has that option.

Although my 2730p went for 3.5~4 hours on the stock, and was boosted to an amazing 8.5~12.5 hours, both on unchanged High Performance during my different usages (light office, heavy wifi etc. etc.)

3. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't think the slice battery is available for the tx2. You can get the 8-cell batter which will raise the unit a bit but give you about 4 to 5 hours of life.

4. IamGibby

Can you produce a link to this 8cell battery? I've tried looking all over HP and failed to return an 8cell battery that says it's for the tx2.

Chris

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

6. IamGibby

Anyone have expierence with this 8cell and the tx2? Curious if it fits more snug into it's slot and doesn't wobble between its lock pegs like the 6cell doesn? (feels like the 6cell is loose when in place but its not) also is the weight difference huge? I like the pictures of it on that link lilly posted, I might be compelled to order this over the weekend (extended time between running around mission impossible style to find a wall outlet on campus? For SURE!)

Chris

7. heatlesssun

Yes, I would say that the 8 cell fits more snuggly than the 6 cell snf it adds about half a pound or so to the unit, its not light at that point but not at all heavy either. The thing that bothers me with it is that you can't use the unit portrait tablet mode at that point. However in laptop mode its kind of neat because it tilts the unit a bit and is actually more comfortable.

8. SciLor

SciLor SciLor

It makes the device much more heavy, and the 8cell stands even more over than the 6cell one!

9. heatlesssun

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this unless the official specs and my on sense of weight are WAY off.

6 cell battery check specs: .73 lbs
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/RQ204AA

8 cell battery check specs: .95 lbs
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ll&product_code=KC991AA&catLevel=2&aoid=35252

.18 lbs weight difference, 3.53 onces. Sorry, that's not MUCH heavier. In fact its only half of what I guessed.

But yes it adds bulk and height to the back which in laptop, even landscape tablet, isn't that bad.

10. IamGibby

Yea I could see the extension upwards of it could produce a weird portrait slate... I think if I keep the battery side of it to my right it might work, I'm left handed (Maybe?) either way, if it gives me longer laptop life I'll live with it.. Gonna make a purchase soon. Thanks for all your info.

Chris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.