TX2 Screen problem

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by slsswan, Oct 16, 2010.

1. slsswan

slsswan Pen Pal - Newbie

Attached are a couple of pics showing the problem my HP TX2 is having with the screen monitor. When I power up, the screen is divided about one third of the way up from the bottom, where the bottom third is almost opaque. If I close the lid or almost close it, after many attempts... sometimes it will return to normal full screen. Seems this happens more/better if I have opened a program and worked for awhile or if it goes to screen saver and I do the close/open lid thing.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. lorax1284

lorax1284 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the same problem: screenshots attached.

I have noticed this problem goes away after the computer has been on for a while then is rebooted... which makes me think that it's a contact problem, and once the components heat up and expand a bit, contact is improved.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Attached Files:

3. slsswan

slsswan Pen Pal - Newbie

As a follow up to this issue (which still exists)... I have uninstalled the driver through device manager and also delelted the driver from my driver. Rebooted. Everything was in default VGA. Went to HP site and again downloaded driver and installed. Rebooted. For about a week this seemed to resolve problem. Now is doing same thing again.

4. hope952

hope952 Pen Pal - Newbie

OH man! i have the same problem,and my warranty just run out.there's 2 lines running acroos the screen and once you restart it 2-3 times or more than it goes away.

5. lorax1284

lorax1284 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the feeling that this is 'heat' related: if you heat the screen, the screen works... so loose contacts or something. I wonder if you can safely "bake" the screen to resolder the loose connections?