TX2 batteries

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by Mokusatsu, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Mokusatsu

Mokusatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I want to get a second battery for my TX2, hopefully one with more juice. I've noticed that some "compatible" batteries have much higher capacity than any of the original HP ones, not to mention being a heck of a lot cheaper, so I'd like to clarify a few things:

1) Do all series of TX2 use intercompatible batteries? Is a battery which works on one TX2 always going to work on another TX2 even if it is a different series?

2) A lot of websites selling batteries offer a battery which they claim is suited to a TX2 which is comparable to HP's 441132-001 battery, but my TX2 uses a 441132-003 battery (note the final digit). HP's website lists the models compatible with the 441132-001, and TX2s aren't among them. That said, apart from it being thicker (which I presume means the 441132-001 will give the TX2 an ugly bump on its bottom) it seems to operate at the same voltage and have the same other dimensions. On the other hand, being thicker, 441132-001 batteries are available in much higher capacities, 88Wh, 96Wh and 100Wh, whereas 441132-003 batteries seem to top out at 66Wh.

I would really appreciate it if someone could confirm that they bought one of the 441132-001 batteries from some online battery shop and that it works with a TX2, as well as confirmation that any battery which works with one TX2 will work with all other TX2s. Thanks in advance!

2. Mokusatsu

So nobody here has ever bought a battery for a TX2 from anywhere other than HP themselves?

3. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought an 8-cell extended life battery, but it was from Fry's, the actual outlett in Austin, not the website (Though they are the same company)

I still use it when I need to and gives me an average of 2.5-3 hours of uptime (With wifi, max brightness, balanced power settings, etc)

Although I've desked my TX2 for the past few months, I'd still say it's worth every penny if you can get it for $120 or less.

4. Mokusatsu

I don't suppose the battery was advertised as being a replacement for a particular HP one was it? If so, what battery code? The official -003 ones, or the -001 ones which HP does not officially claim are compatible with a TX2.

5. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

What I bought was an official HP battery.

Part number is 432663-541