TX1220US: Wireless suddenly disconnects, neet to reboot

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by anton, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kip2001

kip2001 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem. I found the easiest fix is to go to network and sharing, then click manage network connections. Next disable the wireless network, wait a few seconds, and then enable it. That works 90% of the time for me, works the other 10% if I just disable/enable it again.

2. Poland

Poland Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here, is it possibly a driver issue? I have a cheap ($5 AR!) Trendnet router at home and various routers at the office.

3. NearlyPrescient

NearlyPrescient Pen Pal - Newbie

I think mine's a dud...
    I finally got a cooling mat and that's had no effect on it.
    I've tried locking, standbying, hibernating, only restarting seems to work.
    I've also tried the disable/enable method and that hasn't worked yet.
    I should probably add that I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium. What about the rest of you? It could be an OS issue.

4. Poland

Poland Pen Pal - Newbie

update: mine hasn't done it in about 2 weeks...knock on wood....

5. vistabad

vistabad Pen Pal - Newbie

I made a new post about my TX1320, it seems multiple models have this same problem.

As I stated in my post, it's got to be a heating problem, in which if that is the case, there's nothing you can do. I am giving this thing about a week before I return it back to the store..

I bought it at a local store on purpose so that I wouldn't have to ship it back if I bought it online somewhere...

I have a regular dual core gateway laptop and it doesn't run hot at all...

It barely uses the fan and I have hammered it with a lot of programs running.

This thing gets hot as soon as you turn it on!!!!!!!

6. Pablom

Pablom Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tx1250ea and have this problem. I'm running XP Pro (works nicely BTW).

7. NearlyPrescient

NearlyPrescient Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems going into Sleep has been working, but it has to be for a few minutes. It happens when my computer isn't even hot which has me skeptical about the heat being an issue.
    On a sidenote, my computer has gotten so hot that it simply shut down and wouldn't turn on for half an hour or so.
    Or at least I assume it was heat since the thing nearly burnt a hole in my pants.

8. slipperyp

slipperyp Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue on a tx1215nr which also has the up-to-date broadcom driver from HP. I feel very confident it's a driver issue that HP needs to get resolved. I workaround it with the same mechanisms described in this thread (I suspend/resume to get wifi working again and I never initiate large downloads over wifi because it will almost always drop the connection before it can complete - I hook up ethernet and download over that).

We need more squeaky wheels on this issue!
    - patrick

9. the wise velox

the wise velox Pen Pal - Newbie

i had the exact same problem all you guys had. after 1 month of frustration trying to solve it myself, i turned to HP. it took me another month of talking to inexperienced and nonsensical techs before they caved in and said they would replace my defective 802.11b/g adapter in 48 business hours. 2 MONTHS. I KID YOU NOT. MONTHS LATER! i got my replacement. fortunately i didn't take this lying down and hassled them till they upgraded me to 802.11a/b/g/draft-n. it's been working like a dream ever since.

HP's excuse was that the part was not in stock for 2 months. 4 months of torture is not worth buying from HP again. ever.

simply put the card was defective (or vista just likes abgn cards more than bg).

*on a very important sidenote- since the antennas run directly between those two quaint speakers, you'll begin getting a lot of popping and stuttering noises when you get the a/b/g/draft-n card. the only way to stop this very noticable problem is to disable the 802.11a band in the advanced driver settings.* 4 months of frustration and 2 months of otherwise satisfactory use have taught me this well.

----

i forgot to mention i have a tx1000z CTO

10. lolento

lolento Pen Pal - Newbie

I only have my tx1000 for two days. I had the wireless drop out problem as well.

I find that changing from a hidden ssid to a broadcasted ssid on the wireless access point fixes the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.