TX1220US: Wireless suddenly disconnects, neet to reboot

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by anton, Jul 29, 2008.

1. WesleyWex

WesleyWex Wesley

The network here simply disconnects after some long time of use (couple of hours). Then if I click "Connect to a network" and the refresh button, the access point disappears...

I use the connection with my PS3 and have no problems, so I'm guessing it is either related to the network adapter or Windows Vista.

Both drivers and Vista are up-to-date.

Already tried to contact Linksys (the router manufacture) and they oriented me to use WEP authentication, but I don't want to do this.

HP live chat support did everything except understand the real problem.

Does anyone have this problem?

2. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm going to have to second this problem, Same problem happening on tx-1327cl, using a cheap trendnet rounter, but everything elses connected to the router works ok. thus leading me to point my finger at something in the computer. So very fustrating when playing a game and the connection drops:mad:.

3. WesleyWex

WesleyWex Wesley

Are you also using WPA?

4. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

nope, no wpa, just basic wep 64 bit encryption.

5. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

i use linksys amd wpa and dont have problems unless i flip the turn off wifi stwitch in the front in that case nothing will turn wifi backon softwarewise

6. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I don't know what to say, it happened again today, once again in the middle of playing a game. After I quit the game, same problem, had to restart the computer to get it working again. the wifi switch in the front did nothing. I'm beginning to think maybe an overheat problem? or something may be wrong with the card itself? Thoughts / Opinions please.

7. NearlyPrescient

NearlyPrescient Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got the same problem, it appears. Very frustrating as I can't leave something downloading during the night or when I'm off to school. I don't know if its a heat issue, I haven't been able to use my cooling mat for a while, so I can't accurately say if this might be an issue. Its very inconvenient and I'm wondering what it could possibly be.
    I'm using a Westell router, and all of my game systems and other computers work flawlessly with it.

8. mg_ex

mg_ex Pen Pal - Newbie

i use wpa (linksys router) i got the same problem 2 sometimes not often.

i just disaple then enable the wireless adapter u dont need to restart (from device manger not the wirless switch )

9. NearlyPrescient

NearlyPrescient Pen Pal - Newbie

I've tried disabling through Device Manager twice now, and it hasn't worked once. I'm still forced to restart.
    Any updates or new ideas? This is a very frustrating issue.

10. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, my quickest fix is to standby the system. works again afterwards, so quicker than a restart, but still fustrating. Prescient, you think we got dud wireless cards?