tx1120us Pen Calibration

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by rickybee2000, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mijayd

mijayd Pen Pal - Newbie

I just used web chat support to see if i could get my Tx1127 sent in to get repaired. It took all of 30 seconds, He asked what the problem was and I told him in the first reply about the calibration issue and that I had updated the bios, updated drivers (not that there seems to be a driver) and reinstalled the OS about 5 times and his next reply was "So with these problems you want to send it in for repairs?" and I said "Yes" and that was that. Much better then when static electicity fried my emachine desktop mobo and the support guy argued with me saying it was a virus for 45 minutes.

2. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

Today, the calibration on my screen went *completely* out, so I recalibrated on all 4 orientations, and, mysteriously, the problem has vanished for me.

Kinda unsatisfactory answer for you guys though...

3. crickplayer

crickplayer Pen Pal - Newbie

I did the default calibration thingy (on my tx1000) and the pen is still like half an inch off from where i put it on the screen. I also press really hard on the screen to write and if i try to write with my actual writing speed it messes up and writes half the letters. Do I just have to get use to writing slow or is there something I can do to fix this.

4. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

Problem has returned for me... there was another blog post (currently experiencing errors), that found another calibration tool... can't find right now.

5. mijayd

mijayd Pen Pal - Newbie

Well 11 days after we shipped it to HP- a warranty issue caused a delay, They fixed the calibration problem by replacing the whole display. As I said before we tried everything to get it to calibrate -recalibrating, bios updates, drivers, reinstalls, cussing- seems like it would have been easier to just send it in to begin with.

6. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

Try running "tabcal LinCal" in run box (credit goes to Lore624 in previous posts). Do a search for tabcal in forums.

7. yunshing

yunshing Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys, I just received my laptop today, and it had the same problem. the touchscreen was not so accurate, but it was only about 40mm. I did a trick when i run the calibration. what i did was I didn't tap in the middle of the cross, but a little far away the cross... I knew it was a little stupid.. but it works on my laptop....
    some of you guys said the error was half inch off...so i don't know if this trick works on your laptop or not.

8. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

That's exactly what I did and it worked (tricking the calibration tool). It should work for everyone, it just takes a little playing around with (on one side you may need to be like a centimeter to the left of the dot, on the other you may need to be to the right 3/4 of an inch or vice versa. Discover your calibration trick zen)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.