TX1000z Speakers

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by DieselNYC, Jun 26, 2007.

1. rookieguitarist

rookieguitarist Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a TX1000z recently and I love everything about it except......the speakers. They sound great, but are not all that loud, jar when the volume is cranked up to anything above 90% and worst of all crackle randomly. I first thought it was a problem with my network ( Only partially silly of me as I was playing music over LAN ) . But even after trying a CD, playing radio over the internet, playing a music file from the hard drive, the crackling hasn't stopped. I really do hope it is a driver problem. Again, I tried updating the audio driver and windows said the driver was up to date. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. StephenGillie

StephenGillie Pen Pal - Newbie

I have no crackling from my speakers. They aren't that loud, but they're damn good for laptop speakers.

3. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, mine don't crackle...yet. um, I think you should send it back. Mine just sound like they're smaller than my older toshiba A100 harman kardons. w/e.

4. DieselNYC

DieselNYC Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same crackle. It's not the speakers, If you use headphones you'll get the same thing. On the HP site they said that distorted sound can be fixed by reinstalling the sound drivers. I reinstalled the factory drivers and installed the realtek driver from the hp site. I still have the problem.

I've tried Media Player and Winamp.

5. Ixidor

Also, has anyone noticed if you listen with your headphones, that moving the mouse makes noise...you get the same thing with dell pc's for some reason.

6. DieselNYC

I have't noticed that but I'll have to check it out.

Ixidor, So does your's sound choppy, at times, also?

I worked with a tech at HP for a while yesterday. All the drivers were up to date. She first told me that it was a performance issue and sent me to some generic link that gave Tips on improving Vista performance. I told her it was a brand new systems with 2.2ghz Dual Core & 2gb RAM, performance had nothing to do with it.

Then she told me that I should do a system restore. Of course, there was no difference after I did that.

She said I should send it in to HP for repair. I told here it was a 3 day old system and expect a replacement not a repair. I'm waiting to here from a Supervisor.

I did some research on this issue and apparently many systems in Vista seems to have this problem. I saw tons of posts on Dell's site with people complaining about the same choppy, stuttering or cracking sounds. Seems like Vista may still have some driver issues. Not sure what is going on.

You can notice this even when windows is booting up the, initial windows sound will be choppy. Microsoft has a tech article about this. The funny thing is that in the tech article acknowledges the choppy startup sounds and tells you to turn off the windows startup sound in a windows setting. Nice fix! Instead of addresses the issue they just tell you to turn it off so you don't hear it. Lol.

I'm not sure if it's a defective unit or a Vista driver issue. I'm curious how many tx1000z owners experience this.

7. StephenGillie

StephenGillie Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't even have the choppy windows startup noise...

8. DieselNYC

Well, I have another another one on the way to me. Let's see how the sound is on that one.

9. nl33

nl33 Pen Pal - Newbie

I use to have a similar problem with my old windows XP laptop (zv6000). When you go into any program or windows with a side scrollbar and start scrolling up and down the page with your mouse it makes crackling noises. Also whenever I move windows around on the desktop, the sound crackles as well. I attempted to fix this problem by reinstalling xp, and updating/reinstalling the sound drivers. That didn't solve the problem. But one day, I installed a newer version of directX (it was 9.0b or 9.0c at the time) and the problem was gone!

I don't have this problem on my tx1000, but you guys could try reinstalling directX and see if it helps.

10. Ixidor

Yeah, the original sound i was referring to was not only on vista, but also on xp (as mentioned above by another). I haven't noticed any crackling, in fact, watching advent children was perfect. Of course, I never crank it up to the max, that would kill with noise isolating earbuds. Good luck to everyone who has that problem in their tx1000/laptop/tablet. Sorry, no problem here, or is it hooray? I would just return it and get a new one, newly configured...if it annoys you that much.