TX1000Z - No 4-cell battery?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by highlight, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Excellent, glad it worked! A bit frightening that we seem to know more than HP on the issue!

2. tanman21

tanman21 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been searching for the 4 cell battery this whole week. I fount a place in Texas that actually stocks and ships this battery, yay!

It is called bluefishworx they shiped me my battery overnight for an extra fee and I got it today. It is a HP OEM 4-cell battery part number 441131-001.

Hope this info helps anyone searching for the battery.

3. Coastal Web

Coastal Web Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I hate to dredge up an old topic - but l've got a tx1000 and l would like to purchase a 4 cell battery; after a call to HP l was told that not even the "parts store website" sells the 4 cell battery. I don't know where to find the HP parts store web site, but l did give the agent both part numbers from this thread and he couldn't pull up anything.

Can anyone help me find a way to buy a new 4 cell battery for my tx1000?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

4. sirender72

sirender72 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can go through the HP Parts store and enter the part number to find it. The thing is it looks like the price of the 4-cell is listed as $151.92 even though the 6-cell is only 129... I'm trying to find a place to get the 4-cell cheaper if I can, any suggestions?

5. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anybody tried ripping apart the black battery cases and replacing the cells with higher capacity cells? Any idea what the individual rating of each cell might be? I think if we can manage to find ultra high capacity cells in the market, we could just reomve the old cells and replace them with the new cells, thereby getting better backup time and at the same time a smaller form factor.

6. mcharkowski

mcharkowski Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe the 4-cell batteries are on sale on eBay now from a reputable seller for about $50 shipped, just search for 441131. The seller originally had the six-cells for sale (441132), but I noticed in some of the pictures he showed the 4-cell with the 441131 part # clearly visible. So I wrote and asked if it was for the 441131 or 441132, and he said it was for the 441132 (six-cell), but that they had some of the 441131's in the warehouse and he would have some called up for auction. I ordered one but have not received it yet. It should be coming in this Thursday, so I'll update the forum as to whether it's the right one. I've been in contact with the seller, though, and he absolutely assured me it is the 441131, that he checked it himself. The seller is Pemco Group and they are a big refurb/resale house for HP parts. Let's hope it's the right one, the price is certainly right.

7. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the battery from Pemco new or refurb? On the item description it says "NEW NOT PULLED OR REFURB FREE SHIP CONT USA USA Genuine"

Also in the description it says "Battery extends slightly from bottom of unit, providing comfortable elevation of notebook PC". Does that mean the bottom of the laptop is not flat with 4-cell? Can anybody with 4-cell verify that please? Thanks.

8. mcharkowski

mcharkowski Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally received my 4-cell from Pemco and it's flawless. My first shipment from Pemco was a 6-cell and I was a bit let down, wondering if they really did have the 4-cell batteries. I e-mailed them and told them they sent me the wrong battery. They shipped a new one out the same day and this time it is the right one. So they do have them. And at that price, they're a steal.

9. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

mcharkowski, thanks for the headsup

So the 4-cell batt doesn't have any extruding part?

In the item description it says: Battery extends slightly from bottom of unit, providing comfortable elevation of notebook PC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.