TX1000Z - No 4-cell battery?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by highlight, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IsLNdbOi

IsLNdbOi Scribbler - Standard Member

I just placed an order on HP USA's site for a customized TX1000Z. I chose the 6-cell battery when customizing.

After ordering, I searched their site and it looks like the 4-cell battery is not sold separately. Only the 6-cell battery is available separately. How do I get the 4-cell if I need one?

2. IsLNdbOi

Anyone?

Also, the order status page for mine says it will be built by April 3. Has anyone received theirs before the date on the order status page?

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I did a search as well for "tx1000z battery" and came up with the same results as you did, by finding only a 6-cell battery for separate order. Other than the HP tx1000z series customization page where one can order both a 4-and 6-cell battery; perhaps a call to the HP Support or HP Sales department will find results.

Of course, if you're thinking of buying a 4-cell later on, perhaps HP will have that option of the 4-cell as a separate ordering option in the time to come. :)

4. dpnow.com

dpnow.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Here in the UK we can only buy pre-configured systems and of course these are off the shelf. My TX1030ea came with both a 4 cell and a 6cell battery. I tend to keep the 6 cell installed all the time. It's not at all obtrusive. In fact, as battery life isn't too impressive, I'm on the look out for a second 6 cell battery, or possibly an external universal notebook power solution.

Ian

5. frankj64155

frankj64155 Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered both the 4 and 6 cell wth my TX1000. Generally been using the 4 cell but have a long meeting today and will switch to the 6 cell. I did not see a 4 cell only as an optional item.

6. IsLNdbOi

Finally got my TX1000z today. I hate how the 6-cell battery sticks out. HP should have at least made it so that it gradually curves and blends into the back. I'm going to have to return my TX1000z just so I can reorder one with a 4-cell battery.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I suppose it's all a matter of cosmetic taste.
    The Fujitsu P1610 in the UK is released not only in all near black colour but also with the 6 cell battery which sticks out similar to which you mention IsLNdbOi.

However, in this case I believe it helps it's design and gives not only something which to hold the tablet with better but a palm rest in notebook mode as well.

8. offbase

offbase Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have the 6 cell and have been going crazy with HP, which insists that the tx1000 only supports 6 cell batteries! The parts store search engine requires you to enter the exact model number, which again sends you right back to the 6 cell. BUT ...

If you have the 4 cell part number, you can enter that into the parts store database and order it directly. Can a 4 cell owner please supply the part number for that battery? Thanks much!

9. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi offbase

I can't believe HP are saying the TX1000 only supports 6-cell!! Don't they realise they sell them with both included already in the UK? (don't answer that!).

From my 4-cell battery - "Lithium-ion Battery Module HSTNN-OB37" It quotes a P/N of 431325-361 on the text of the made label but then an extra sticker on it says "Replace with HP Spare 441131-001 [and then a barcode and then on the next line] 7F0714"

HTH

Alan

10. offbase

offbase Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much, Alan! I entered part no. 441131-001 and it instantly brought up the 4 cell in the parts store. It's on order. I really appreciate you help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.