tx1000 wireless card disappearing

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mereknom, Aug 1, 2010.

1. szpitor

szpitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine has the same problem.Repair cost $398 motherboard change costumer service told me.tx 1000 worth $300 so I'm just f...ed up after 16 month.This was my worst deal ever thank you HP never again...

2. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

Yup, this happened AGAIN to my old tx1000. I had it repaired once before. And in january the card went downhill again. I called and... warranty had expired 2 days before!!! :mad:

I just put a USB WiFi adapter for now. I hope there is a recall or extension of warranty anytime soon.

3. starbai

starbai Pen Pal - Newbie

so is it all but confirmed that replacing the wireless card will not fix the problem?

i'm out of warranty and can't afford/dont wnat to spend the money on a new mobo (might as well get a new notebook)

the wireless card is refurbished for 50 bucks ish all over the place and i'm willing to go that route if it'll buy me another year with this machine.

4. ChronoKing

ChronoKing Pen Pal - Newbie

I had exactly the same problem on my tx1000

It was repaired (new mobo) while under warrenty. happened again exactly as described 7 months later.

Customer service will tremble tomorrow...

5. azndude1221

azndude1221 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just sent my tx1000 in for repairs as well. Luckily, I bought an extended warranty with my laptop. First, my touchscreen was extremely insensitive. I figured I can deal without the touchscreen for awhile, but then my wireless card died on me as well along with my card reader not being able to recognize my xD memory cards and the crazy cursor movements. I bought a cooling fan for the laptop the first day I got it, but I guess it only prolonged the inevitable. My laptop got sent in to a place called micro medics. I really hope they give me a new laptop or something seeing as this problem will most likely reoccur. It's just depressing seeing it being sold on ebay for less than 500 after spending 1000+. Considering I'm just an independent college student, I just can't afford the loss! :eek:

6. Hein

Hein Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an echo.
    TX1000 tablet. GS877UA#ABA TX1306nr
    Wifi card: Broadcom MCM94311mCGHP HP spare 441090-001 7F07B4
    After almost 2 years the wifi card just 'dissappeared' for the system.
    No entry in the device manager display, and thus not in the networks.

The card is there, and sticking it in an other system it is recognized as a network card albeit non-compatible so I could not really test it.
    The card from that other system fit physically just fine in the TX, but was not visible either. It did warm up, suggesting power was arriving.
    Returned in the donor system that card (fortunately!) worked just fine.
    So I'm leaning towards a motherboard problem.

I've read several referred topics, but not all. A bleak picture!
    I'd call that a manufacturing error.
    Maybe I'll find a more constructive hint later,

fwiw... several other write about having upgraded/re-installed firmware and drivers. IMHO it is very improbable that this would have any effect. The firmware and driver were largely working no? Those do not go bad! They may have issues, but if they used to work, then they should still work perhpas with defects. No way that upgrading that will bring back a non-registered device!

Cheers,
    Hein

7. marcux

marcux Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everybody, i own a tx1020ea nad my wifi disappear two months ago but i really did not think about was a so big issue!! just today i said...mmmm i want to try to see something about on the net... And BOOOMM! i found that is a real big problem! I already sign the petition and i will call hp as soon i go back in Italy ( now i am in USA ) When that happen i try to uninstall the hardware and i test it on another HP i have in the office anf it was working fine so i realize that was a motherboard problem, but now after i read all this tread i know it is! I love tecnology and this is my 3th tablet, the first one was a acer t111 the little 10,5" and it still work perfect, then i get the ACER C300 14,5" and also it still in perfect shape after i change the lcd THAT I BROKE ONE DAY! I was very happy to buy this hp but now after almost 3 years i am a little disappointed by HP, other mini problems happen and still happen, mouse get crazy and go around the screen, the cam sometimes dont work and i have to reinstall the drivers, and now tath i installed win 7 64 it freeze without any reason and on any program running for few seconds or sometimes 3/5 minuts!! i dont even try to report this problem because the first think HP will say is " WE ARE SORRY BUT WE DONT SUPPORT WIN7 ON THIS PRODUCT!!!" so they can just go............!

Anyone of you can ask me any question or if someone found a solution just please spread the new!!

Ciao and happy new year to everybody!:)

8. Mereknom

Mereknom Pen Pal - Newbie

I own one of the earlier models of the TX1000 series, I encountered this problem with the wireless card more than a year ago. At first I would just run my computer as long as I could until the card shut down. I would then turn off or "sleep" my computer, this allows the card to cool down to an operational temperature. ( as I believe ) I ran my computer like this for a while.

However just three months ago I installed an Operating system called Xubuntu linux. I can run my computer at full capacity and strain my wireless card all I want. With this in mind, I believe that it is infact windows that causes these problems with the card.

I installed Windows 7 on my computer. Yes the drivers were oddly hard to find and the fingerprint scanning software isn't the same. But it DOES NOT WORK on windows 7, it still has the same issues seen with vista.

I can only conclude that it is infact windows, and not the hardware. Please re-read this post and reply. I would like to know that I am wrong. I do not see anything good with keeping linux as my main OS. Only a handful of programs can work properly on linux and I hope I can get it working.