tx1000 wireless card disappearing

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mereknom, Aug 1, 2010.

1. antihero

antihero Pen Pal - Newbie

dsjk100: can you clarify who you're sending it into (Geeksquad or HP)? if you're referring to HP - are you saying HP will not let you remove the hard drive before sending it in? my computer is completely dead and won't turn on whatsoever, so reformatting with the recovery discs are not an option...i'm trying to decide whether or not to wipe my hard drive clean before sending it in to them...cuz i downgraded to XP, and don't want them to be claiming that this was a cause of the motherboard malfunction.

thanks.

2. dsjk100

dsjk100 Pen Pal - Newbie

i am sending it to hp, and they require you to send in the hard dirve

3. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

Before I sent my tx1320us in for repairs I backed up all the data and wiped the drive clean. After that I restored the factory defaults.

I don't want some bored techie to invade my privacy and I figure there would also be a high chance of losing my data so I just removed it all.

4. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

I ended up emailing hp and their solutions were: update BIOS, install driver, reinstall operating system. I did all 3 and I still haven't found my wireless card. So the next step is sending it in. What I am worried about is that they don't fix the tx2000 and when it's out of warranty it does this again. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or has anyones computer been fixed where your wireless went missing.
    Thanks

5. Nihility

They'll replace your motherboard and it'll last for another year.
    The smartest recommendation I heard was after the repair to immediatly sell it and cut your losses.

6. dsjk100

dsjk100 Pen Pal - Newbie

i sent in my tx1000 yesterday I will let you know what happenens.

7. Hehofancypants

Hehofancypants Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same problem this summer. I had come home from touring with a music festival and my wireless card stopped working. I had associated it with my computer being moved around frequently. Anyway, I brought the computer to a computer repair store where they opened it up and took out the wireless card then put it back in... It worked for literally only 5 minutes. I went out to get a external wireless card which ive been using for the past four months, however, last night I came home to find that when I tried to turn my computer on, The lights turned on, but the screen remained black. I called tech support and they knew what my problem was before I even gave them a complete description of what the issue was. They said it was my motherboard and video card going bad. He told me to send in my computer and pay $400 to get it fixed but I definatly don't have the money for that right now. It's incredibly frustrating yet also slightly relieving to see that this issue is happening to more than just me. I can't believe that HP wouldnt recall a product like this. I don't know if I should call back again and complain or just accept the loss and try my best to get my information off my hard drive and get a new computer. All I know is that I am done with HP! If anyone does know of a case where HP resolved this issue for someone by accepting responsibility, please let me know

8. Nihility

I got an extended warranty for mine and they fixed it.

Apparently if you call in and get elevated high enough they'll make a deal for a cheaper repair. Just keep calling and complaining.

How long ago did your warranty expire?

9. Feng

Feng Pen Pal - Newbie

I met the same problem, around 11 months, it happened, I didn't care, and hp repaired it, but nearly changed everything except screen and outside shell.. and It happened again now, the webcam, the Audio output for the earphone, and the wireless card can not work sometimes, and the computer can not be turned on. I was totally disppointed about the Hp product.. Because my other two notebook are thinkpad from IBM and Lenovo.
    I think I will change back to Lenovo again.

TOO SAD

10. Nihility

How long after they replaced you motherboard did this happen?