tx1000 wireless card disappearing

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mereknom, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

Your digitizer and wireless card were both malfunctioning?

2. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

there was a problem like this during the time the 1st gen dv6000's came out, I had this problem before what you could try is replacing the PCI-e from the laptop but there's a chance it might not work it could actually be the motherboard itself but I say send to hp first and hopefully they replace the parts that are faulty

3. starkiez

starkiez Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

We need to warn people off this product.

5. lkna

lkna Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly the same issue here. Mine is tx1320us bought in Hawaii.

Used to buy several hp in my life, but this one is definitely the very last.

Maybe we should let the HP CEO know how bad their products are and how much worse their customer service has become.

Never ever have another hp (whatever) in this life (or next life).

6. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

If your wireless card is disappearing from the device manager I highly suggest sending it in to a service center. If you use Geeksquad there is a good chance your product will be exchanged for a newer model. Wireless card replacement will not correct the issue. 441097-001 is out of stock right now and therefore qualifies for replacement.

7. dsjk100

dsjk100 Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally got tired of the same problem, and am sending my tablet in for repairs anyone know if they reformat your hard drive, as they won't let me remove it before sending it in.

8. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

I know the Geeksquad repair center will not reformat your drive. Only way you could lose your data there is if the drive fails diagnostics and it is replaced. They offer data recovery in the event of a hard drive failure. I believe if it is still under MFG you can get HP to cover the cost. HP's main facility in Houston is format happy, they often restore drives if the unit is acting sluggish due to OS issues.

9. key

key owner of the internet

the network card on my tx2000 has stopped working as well a while ago. it put me in a serious pinch, since I cannot have it repaired in my country as hp refuses to fix anything that is not available in the country where you're trying to get assistance. There was an option of sending the laptop to some other country in EU but unfortunately I desperately need it to finish my portfolio until january.

so, instead of having it fixed, I bought an external wi-fi card. since, as I learned, the problem was causes by the crazy heat of the unit, I set it to balanced mode instead of full power. after about three days the external card started to lose connection every two minutes.

guess what, it was conflicting with the internal card that tried to connect with the same network. apparently, it somehow recovered and works again. I never use full power mode anymore, unless I really need it. It's been two weeks since it recovered and it still works. perhaps making the unit run on lower temperature can prevent the problem but it is still an inexcusable failure on hp's part. I can't even use my laptop the it's fullest without worrying that some other part may fail.

and that mass-lawsuit page about dv and tx line seems to be 404'd. yay.

10. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for posting this information. My tx2000 just started displaying the same symptoms last week. One morning I turned on my computer and couldn't connect to the internet because it didn't see my wireless card. I unistalled then reinstalled drivers.....................many times............and a few more after that. The times I did get it to work when I would restart or put my computer to sleep it would see the wireless again. I was going to reinstall the operating system but it looks like it might be a bigger problem than that. I'm calling hp tomorrow. Once again thanks for this post otherwise I might not have known what the real problem was and it would have taken me a while to figure it out.