tx1000 wireless card disappearing

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mereknom, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

this has been mentioned several times and in fact there is an announcement regarding same on the HP forum. Hp however refuses to acknowledge the problem exists in their tx1000 & 2000 machines (Please not this does not affect the tx2500)

2. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is being repaired as we speak. If they just replace the network card and it fails again in a few weeks when my warranty is no longer valid I'll be really displeased.

3. DRTigerlilly

then i suggest you extend the warranty.

4. Nihility

I have a better idea. How about you suggest to HP that they don't sell defective products?

My IBM laptop is over 10 years old and still ticking.

5. DRTigerlilly

my suggestions mean nothing to HP, and please note i did make the announcement warning forum users about the tx1000.

6. Nihility

HP released a bad product (technically nvidia and amd did but HP is at fault with the cooling) and they need to compensate the suckers who bought it or take a hit to their reputation.

You can't sell something for $1000 and have it fail after 1 year. Don't make excuses for them, they need to man up.

7. DRTigerlilly

i'm not even remotely making excuses for them....check my posts on this forum and you'll see, but as far as i see it in your case, your best course of action is to protect yourself, b/c HP has no intention of doing it for you.

8. Nihility

Is the extended warranty any good? They told me I can get it fixed and then send them a bill and they'll send me a cheque.

9. DRTigerlilly

the extended warranty has different options and it would be best to call HP and find out which best meets your needs, and what you can afford.

There are pick up & return warranty's or one's where you ship the machine to them, there are even accidental damage protection, the warranty needs to be purchased before the 1yr warranty expires, investigate them @ HP Services or call HP.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I had this problem when I had my tx1000z at the time my digitizer stopped working too. I sent it in for repair, they replaced the screen and mainboard.