tx1000 & Vista SP1...

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by thebranded, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalek G

Dalek G unpaid scientific advisor

Anyone else having trouble getting Windows Update to even SEE Vista SP1 as an option??
    I followed the troubleshooting instructions from microsoft and updated the out-of-date fingerprint sensor driver, and after a few complete shut down and restarts I still can't get Windows Update to see SP1. I can't be the only one having trouble here...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. dollahflip

dollahflip Pen Pal - Newbie

I had trouble this morning so I just went on about my day. It showed up later in the day though. Also...

3. Dalek G

"Either way, Windows Update works to detect whether or not your system is ready for SP1 and not offer it to you until the time is right."
    well, that made me smile, at least. :rolleyes:

I updated all the drivers I could (but I refuse to update the GeForce driver since is breaks the touchscreen calibration). I even did the firmware update I emailed HP Tech Support as well...although I'm sure they won't be of any help.

4. dsjk100

dsjk100 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just forced the update. simply go to microsoft.com then the download page. you can download sp1 and run it from your computer, it takes a only 5 min with fios to download but it takes about an hour to install. I have been runing it since noon, so far no problems.

5. Dalek G

Heh. dsjk your reply came at the exact same time as hp tech support's, with the exact same information. I d/l it with the intent to do it manually and then the next day I got it through Windows Update. Like my wife says, I need more patience. Thanks though!

6. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

have you noticed any speed or performance with benifit?

7. Dalek G

Things are definitely zippier. Vista is quicker to startup & shutdown (although I haven't timed it yet) and I think I got 5 more minutes of battery life. I know that doesn't seem like much, but I've been getting just shy of 140 minutes out of the ol' 6-cell battery, so every little bit helps.

8. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah i downloaded it manually but not sure if i really should install it. Thats good to know, artickle on this sites home page had performance and sped on some laptops actually going worse.

i guess i can always restore to the non sp1 vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.