tx1000/tx2000 screen durability

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by pff1029, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

How durable is the screen? Anyone who has scuffs, marks, or scratches on their screen from regular stylus/fingertip use?

And would a screen protector make touch response less sensitive? Is a screen protector really necessary?

2. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

when I had a tx2000 it wasn't necessary... I had it for a month and no scratches with heavy use.

I will get a screen protector (for tx2500) just because I can - I want to protect resale value cus I sell them after a year or so, so I can update. It also helps in case you do get one of those big annoying scratches, just get a new protector.

Keep in mind, screen protectors scratch easier than the screen and can end up looking like hell.

if you get one, make sure to get one of the gel, non-adhesive ones. (the ones that just stick on the corners get foggy fast and when you take em off leave a considerable amount of gunk in the corners, at least that was the experience my bro. had.)

3. pff1029

Would a protective layer further dilute the clarity of the double-layer touchscreen?

4. ioststarz

ioststarz Pen Pal - Newbie

l have the Nu Shield Screen protector and l have no problems with it other than it does shift a little so when I try to reposition, sometimes it pops out. Then l spend 5 minutes trying to reinsert the edge back under the bevel. It's pretty smooth to write on.I have no idea what it is like to write without the protector since l put it on right after l got the tablet. l think there are a couple of reviews for screen protectors that you can read about and choose what fits you best. Some good info in this post... http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=17322 I'd recommend getting one just in case something does happen. It's a cheap investment.

5. ScotchtapeLoser

ScotchtapeLoser Scribbler - Standard Member

i've had the tx2000 since it was first released and I have zero scratches on the screen. I use it everyday 8-15 hours a day.

6. pff1029

What are the tip of the stylus and the "eraser" made out of? Slick plastic or rubber?

7. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

they are plastic, and with the active digitizers, just glide along beautifully.

8. Wongway

Wongway Pen Pal - Newbie

I never bothered with a screen protector and frankly, I find the screen to be more durable than a regular laptop's screen. No scratches, just the need to wipe it clean every so often. Dust/dirt doesn't even show up all that much on these.

9. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

There's a huge ongoing review of screen protectors at gottabemobile.com

Gordon

10. travisjbennett

travisjbennett Pen Pal - Newbie

On the contrary!
    I've had my tx2500 less than two weeks, and I bought it with a three-year accidental damage plan, thankfully. Using the eraser like normal, the screen's first layer (clear plastic only, not like lcd leakage or anything) cracked as if the OEM pen scratched it! It sounded terible and the 1/2" scratch at the bottom center of the screen looks worse. I was just erasing like normal too, and my friends were watching while it happened.

I'm going to insist HP fix it by phone tommorow, and have a screen protector ready for when it gets back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.