TX1000/TX2000 programable tablet buttons?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eko2, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Render Case

Render Case Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to seem like a noob. I just joined these forums right now to post here a quick question; How do I get the keycodes for the buttons on a tx2510us? (In format of sc10E).

Thanks.

2. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought I saw a post a couple of months ago that explained how the quickplay and dvd buttons access a specific file in the OS that launches the program and you could create custom keybindings by running a program that does just that after changing its executable name to the quickplay one.

Can't recall the title though.

3. hitodenashi

hitodenashi Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a side note, a peculiarity.
    In ubuntu the only bezel buttons you can program are the dvd and quickplay :)
    Ironic, isn't it?

4. giuseppejapan

giuseppejapan Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone succeed in btightness fn stuff?
    G

5. dreamsgate

dreamsgate Pen Pal - Newbie

well, I bought I tx2510 yesterday and was trying to figure out how to program the media buttons (play, stop, etc) to do diferent things like toggle crtl or a specific key.

I'm trying with the autohotkey and everything was working fine except... that if you close de lid and the enter in tablet mode the keys stop working!!!
    I was able to receive and map the inputs in normal mode but when it enters the "tablet" mode the media buttons don't send any inputs to the autokey, as if was completly disabled...

Has someone discovered how to get around this and make the buttons work? It would be so good... hehe
    I still don't get why would HP disable such buttons, and exactly when they were most helpful...

6. Nihility

Nihility Pen Pal - Newbie

7. timothyb

timothyb Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm wondering this too. I want to use Zbrush in tablet mode and I need Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys to change the brush behavior that can only be done that way, no interface option. Now you I learn even if I tried those Plat, Skip and Stop buttons are useless in Tablet mode. I just got my tx2500z and I though it was clever design that you could still reach the buttons, but never tried yet.

So any success with this? I'm currently trying to us my iPhone with touch/keyboard apps to control the computer, but the first one I got, while does live text, the ctrl key for example isn't live, but only can be paired with a command, like ctrl-s. So it was useless for simple wanting simulate holding ctrl down to change how the brush acts.