TX1000/TX2000 programable tablet buttons?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eko2, Feb 12, 2008.

1. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do the latest Wacom drivers also disable the passive digitizer on the tx2k like they do on so many active+passive tablets?

2. Eddysign

Eddysign Pen Pal - Newbie

No they don't disable the passive digitizer.

3. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

wait, but you can manually disable the passive digitizer correct? I read somewhere that when you go into the config you can just totally turn it off. I dont like that option because passive has its uses, and at the same time, I dont like the possibility of vectoring that comes with leaving it enabled. I want to find an easy way to enable/dissable it, kinda like the button to dissable the touchpad.

AHHHH I got it! just thinking about it, since the wacom and the passive digitizers are supposedly totally dif solutions, they are probably listed as seperate devices in the windows hardware list. As such you could probably just deactivate it in the hardware list and then reactivate. There is probably some easy way to do this by running a script that either edits the registry or changes that system setting, I dunno.

I know it could be easy, take for example the program YASU, which gets around CD DVD copy protections by totaly dissabling all internal CD DVD drives without unplugging them...

4. Eddysign

Eddysign Pen Pal - Newbie

You can switch off the passive digitizer realy easy from the penoptions in controllpanel, i made a quicklaunch shortcut for faster exces.
    I have switched off the passive digitizer because i find the pen much more usefull and acurate.
    The button on the pen is mapped to the midlemousebutton so i can put it in autoscroll when surfing, you can then scroll the pages with just a litle movement of the pen.

You should have a look at this software http://www.virtual-keyboard.com/
    You can make your own custom keyboard and it works great!
    I downloaded the trial and am messing around with it, it realy looks promising.
    You can add your own graphics and bind keyboard shortcuts to the onscreen keys.

5. key

key owner of the internet

can you use this virtual keyboard while using some full-screen apps?

6. 4tonMantis

4tonMantis Pen Pal - Newbie

How do you disable Quickplay?:confused:

7. 4tonMantis

looks like uninstalling it works....

8. 4tonMantis

except now the dvd and quickplay keys seem to not do anything (I can't seem to remap them with Autohotkey using the "sc10e::????" script command).
    I want to use these keys as modifiers and shortcuts to brush tools and such, so all I really want to do is remap them using the registry, but I haven't been able to determine the appropriate registry info i need to edit/create. Anyone got any pointers?

9. 4tonMantis

You may be able to assign these hotkeys through the registry. There's a post on the autohotkey forums pertaining to this:

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/post-56216.html#56216

Microsoft provides a document for scancodes:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/1/161ba512-40e2-4cc9-843a-923143f3456c/scancode.doc

but I haven't been able to determine how to get the correct scancodes for the Fn button or the Quickplay/DVD buttons. I wish this was a little more straightforward. Being able to customize the buttons that are accessible in tablet mode would greatly enhance the usability of this tablet.

10. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

is this in XP? did you try using xp drivers? i get the sc10e key recognized in xp and not vista.

apperently HP used to allow customization of their keys until they found a security hole and only allowed people to use designated. one thing is for sure, hps research team has a ****ty sense of "usefull" tablet buttons.

with the fat bezel one should be at least able to expect decent tablet functionallity and buttons.

They just need to release software widget-like buttons that can be displayed on screen at the touch of a button.

anyway, on the subject of these buttons, when you press them, autohotkey registers both the button down and up on press. this means that if you want to be able to program these buttons to do a function that depends on holding the key for a certain amount of time, forget it, the hardware doesnt register wether the button is still pressed. :confused: