tx1000 Touchscreen failure?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chriscannon, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys,
    I have a problem with one of my TX1000s. I have two units, one is mine and one is my wife's. She uses it a lot to take notes. Recently I discover that the touchscreen doesn't work correctly in two positions. When you completely lay down the screen and try to touch, the coursor stays on the handside corner, the height changes but it doesnt go into the screen. The same situation happens when it's open like a regular laptop. Any other position, even slight change in degrees makes it work perfect again. Do you think it's the software or hardware?

2. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

sounds like the hardware. You might have a loose connection with some wires in your screen.

Unless there is another fix out there, or you want to pay a bunch to get it repaired, you might have to take the screen apart. (which is no big deal, ive done it on another laptop and its easier than it sounds. [just dont lose the screws!])

You might be able to find a tutorial online with instructions on how to take your specific screen apart. I found some for my old laptop.