tx1000 touch screen not working in Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by imajamoke, Oct 4, 2007.

1. wintermutt

wintermutt Pen Pal - Newbie

unless HP simply shipped you a new one! are you sure it is the same laptop?

2. englishbloke

englishbloke Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the exact same problem as you guys.

I wounder why this is the only forum about this matter.

How long is the basic warranty that comes with the laptop? Is there even one?

Also, i have read most of the post as they come and no one has tried a complete restore. Do you think that would work?

3. Cappy000

Cappy000 Pen Pal - Newbie

So HP has had my laptop for a week - and I get a message saying they are trying to contact me, but I should call them. They haven't called me once. I spent all day trying to talk to someone (I have my own case manager now, who doesn't return phone calls).

They don't know where to start looking for the problem with my notebook - the chat technician never told them what was wrong with the laptop. I even put a note in the box and they still could not figure it out.

This has been a huge ordeal (including HP taking an entire week to send me my box to send my laptop into them). Who knows if they will actually fix it.

4. SohailB

SohailB Pen Pal - Newbie

You sure you have read all the posts? I have done a full system restore, a bios upgrade, tried WinXP Tablet ed., and everything software related. And nothing fixed.

5. Cappy000

Cappy000 Pen Pal - Newbie

HP offered to build me a new PC. They offered either the tx1000 or the dv6500. I don't use my tablet functions enough to go through this again. I chose the dv6500. They are configuring up to the value of the current notebook (the amount I paid for it).

Now if my case manager would actually call me back. This is day 4 and he refuses to call me back. I always have to call him.

6. cathy

cathy Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the same problem as everyone else here. I would much rather just be sent a dv6500 than deal with this again after my warranty runs out.. How can I get hp to agree to send me a different computer? Thanks!

7. balintn

balintn Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,
    1. I have a different machine,
    2. I shared (!) your problems.

I solved my issue, I post this reply so that you can give it a shot yourselves.

My config: ASUS R1E Tablet, Windows Vista Business. After installing some drivers, (Lenovo / Targus USB Port Replicator), I got the message that DEP disabled my Tablet, and whenever I used the pen, the cursor jumped into the upper left corner of the screen.

To resolve, I did two steps:
    1. Disabled DEP completely.
    (see http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=84745)
    reboot
    2. Rolled back to before installing the Lenovo driver.

Now my pen is back.

Good luck everyone,
    B

8. Dalkaz

Dalkaz Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. hptx1000user

hptx1000user Pen Pal - Newbie

I had tried all sorts of option, from bios/driver re-installations to a complete OS re-install, nothing helped.
    Finally went to the service centre, reported the problem. They replaced the screen panel and now its working again. It took 1 week to get serviced.

10. arian

arian Pen Pal - Newbie

After my windows ultimate Lite 4 instalation to a blank HD partition, my TX1270es Touch screen didn't work. I can see that it still runs perfect in my kept Vista original installation, writing tool and everything but I've not been able to find the original driver, installing method and writing interface for my new installation.

In my opinion "All in one 2k XP Vista" is not a complete solution at all, because you don't have your previous writing tool. How do you take notes now?

It must be easier to put your Tablet back with all his functionality after a fresh installation, mustn't it?