tx1000 touch screen not working in Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by imajamoke, Oct 4, 2007.

1. aprila

aprila Pen Pal - Newbie

Add me to the list. I'm not sure when it stopped working, but I get the error now after every reboot. And the jerky mouse on occasion is annoying as well.

I do use an external monitor. A cheap Acer flat screen. Is that a commonality among us??

2. ChrisConley

ChrisConley Pen Pal - Newbie

I've gotten my tx1000 off to HP now. They've identified it as a hardware problem (doesn't explain why the touchscreen works in safe mode though).

I'll update when I get it back... hopefully before Christmas.

3. Craig1989

Craig1989 Pen Pal - Newbie

Have the samed problem, tried restore and bios update.. no luck. Have an external monitor and it worked for around 3 months before dieing sometime in the last week. Not sure what to do now.. anyone have any luck.

Going to call hp tomorrow.

p.s. I have vista home premium not ultimate.

4. Silverboy

Silverboy Pen Pal - Newbie

The same problem here... I have windows vista home premium, i'm not using an external monitor but the touch screen doesn't work like yours. I was working with the stylus yesterday and it suddently died. Does anybody found a solution for the problem? Thanks

5. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Have most of you did a Vista update? I have a dv2000z and after the Microsoft updates my wi-fi died. Could be happening with the tx1000 with touchscreens?

6. wintermutt

wintermutt Pen Pal - Newbie

yup. be careful about updating drivers using the microsoft update.
    just roll back to the configuration you had just before the update that may fix it.

7. Craig1989

Craig1989 Pen Pal - Newbie

Tried system restore that didn't help.. even went back to the furthest restore point. Talked to hp on the phone and they had no idea how to fix it, all though the guy did seem relatively competent... I guess it's getting shipped to hp unless someone can find a solution in the next couple of days.

8. jonez

jonez Pen Pal - Newbie

My tx1000 came back with a new lid (touchscreen, display, etc) and is now 100%. It sounds like we have both hardware and driver issues in this thread, by mine was definitely hardware.

Best of luck everyone!

9. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

Since you can tell you got a new lid. Is there any hardware change. I just ordered one, but it was a gift. Just want to know if there are getting new screen or there a hardware failure in certain screens thanks.

10. wintermutt

wintermutt Pen Pal - Newbie

try updating the bios