tx1000 touch screen not working in Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by imajamoke, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ChrisConley

ChrisConley Pen Pal - Newbie

This is listed as a Vista problem when you have two users logged in at the same time (one as admin), which is exactly what happened to me.

Microsoft has a hotfix they will send (I haven't got mine yet, I will update) and it sounded very similar to the problems many people are having.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933288/en-us

2. jonez

jonez Pen Pal - Newbie

Good catch Chris! I was just about to to a complete reinstall before abandoning my tx1000 to HP's tender mercies. Let's hope all the Microsoft techs all haven't left for vacation!

It still smells like a hardware issue, but the fact that so many folks are suddenly having this precise issue makes me hopeful for a software solution!

3. ChrisConley

Well they sent me the hotfix, I installed it and....

No change at all.

Anybody have any luck at all with the hotfix?

Man I"m frustrated!!

4. ChrisConley

One last tidbit of interesting information. When I enable my tablet in Safe Mode the touch input works fine...

This seems to indicate a software problem, no?

5. jonez

jonez Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd like to think my problem is software related, but last night I removed my hard drive with Vista Home Premium x64, and did a full restore on a clean drive with the HP recover disk to Vista Home Premium x32, THEN updated the recently added -- and no longer broken -- BIOS version FB.

Still no touchscreen.

I'll try safe mode, but I think my tx1000 is bound for HP very soon.

6. fyre_dragenn

fyre_dragenn Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking this is an hardware issue. I've tried everything in the book including, bios updates, the recently found hotfix, safe mode, hours with different hp tech support. and still nothing. l give up im sending it in. I would recommend hp or windows after this fiasco. When will mac offer tablets

7. ChrisConley

A final bit of awesomeness for me. After a total of 6 hours (in three calls) with HP support they finally decided to 'send me the box'. After getting routed from the Canadian support to US support and back I was told that the model I had could only be serviced from a US address (I'm in Canada) and did I have a friend that I could send the laptop to, that they could send the box to.

I'm this close to telling them where they can shove their box.

8. Quincy

Quincy Pen Pal - Newbie

An update or those who are stuck in the same boat.

I dropped my tablet into HP yesterday, I phoned them today and they confirmed that I had a hardware problem. They are now replacing my tablet with a brand new LCD panel unit.

9. zoro

zoro Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been monitoring this thread for a while hoping to find an answer but too lazy to register to chime in with "me too". I have to assume several others are doing the same... with the same problem... on ~ the same date.... way to many similarities to be a coincidence.

I've tried the bios update, the nvidia driver update (as well as a few other updates the notoriously bad HP chat support suggested)... all to no avail :(

Unfortunately no recommendations from me... just wanted to let everyone know that there's at least one more person out there with the EXACT same problem!

10. Cappy000

Cappy000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same exact issue here. I've been waiting on a box from HP for a week now. They tell me that it hasn't been shipped out yet because they are too busy. The people you talk to on the phone don't have supervisors either. Great company. Hopefully HP will fix it.