tx1000 to 2000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mikeyj110, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Mikeyj110

Mikeyj110 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tx1000 series tablet and was considering switching out its regular touch screen for the tx2000 digitized one... I found an complete top piece from a tx2000 on ebay and was wondering if anyone new about any compatibility issues before I went through with it. Also I was thinking about upgrading the processor, ram, and bluetooth if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks
    Mikey

tx1327cl
    Vista Home Premium | Ubuntu
    1.9 ghz AMD Turion 64x2 | 2 gb ram

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I think it would be a better idea, if you look at the tx2500.
    The tx1000 and tx2000 both suffer from a hardware failure issue, that HP is yet to address.

3. Mikeyj110

Mikeyj110 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I did look into that however I'm on kind of a tight budget and have yet to have any problems whatsoever with my tablet so far. The only reason I'm considering upgrading the touchscreen is because of how cheap I can get it.

4. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

What is the hardware issue? I would say going from 1000 to 2000 will be a big improvement. For me it was. I hated my 1000 and Love my 2000.

5. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

That doesnt sound like a bad idea I was actually thinking about this hmmm lets see now the turion ultra has the same socket as the regular one and i dont think that the MB or bios would have any troubles reading it. now the screen, I too have the TX2 screen with the digitizer on eBay now how many cables does the TX2 have in order to have everything connected and working i need to look through the service manual.................

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator