tx1000 screen rotate button

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by greenapple0113, Aug 5, 2007.

1. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm. I normally have this problem when a program changes my screen resolution. Just set it back to 1280 x 800 and see if that works for you.

2. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

I clean installed vista to get rid of all the bloatwares from HP. First thing is that it took me hours to find a working Go 6150 driver to work on XP. Well I found a version dated from Sep 2006 and it is at least working. I used HP update to install the nvidia driver under vista. And great, the rotation button doesn't work with both systems.

3. ig88b1

ig88b1 Pen Pal - Newbie

check your services in administrative tools, and look for HP health check and hpqwmiex. i disabled them, and it caused my quick launch buttons to stop working :p see if those services are enabled and if not, restart them.

4. gnammyx

gnammyx Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I bought a hp tx1350el with vista home premium (italian) on board. I perform the downgrade to xp sp2 (english) and installed the driver and utilities found in this post.
    The problem: the rotate button stopped working after 2 days without installing any software. I install pivot and the quick launch button software because with only pivot installed the button doesn't work.
    Have found the same problem with xp tablet, vista home and ultimate.

Any clues? thanks a lot

5. eddie0070

eddie0070 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well i hate to say that this problem is unresolveable for now. If anyone has found a solution, they never had the problem to begin with. After spending 2 hours with a tech support over telephone, and not to mention the 1 hour of online chat that led to the telephone call, the only solution is to FULLY RESTORE the pc back to factory condition and NEVER UPDATE IT!!!! Yes i know it sounds ridiculous. But this was the only solution that i have found to pleasingly work. Fist off, with original factory drivers and software the pc run's faster. Before i restored it i had installed all and every update to every driver available. The more i updated the drivers, the more it became slower. So obviously updates will not enhance performance. Now my autorotate, all my quick launch buttons, and every other component of the pc is working perfectly. It is tricky however avoiding a HP or WINDOWS update. You have to turn off the automatic window update feature manually in MSCONFIG. As for the HP updater, just uninstall it along with all Norton pre-bundled software. Trust me when i say you will enjoy all the features that this little machine can bring you. One last thing, after you restore the pc you will be prompted to update it about three times. You must decline all petitions to do so. Dont even connect it to the internet until you have uninstalled and disengage all update software.:)

6. Qualityz

Qualityz Pen Pal - Newbie

I use a HP Pavilion tx1030la

After installing windows vista 64bit version, I also had this problem with the rotate button and the one next to it. Spending a lot of time searching for a solution nothing seemed to help. My chatsesion with hp yesterday also gave me the FULL RESTORE to the factory settings solution. But since I already had deleted my restore partition without making the restore cd this was no option for me.

So I did a final research on the hp website about the auto rotate button. I came by some articles about a security problem with the auto rotate buttons, the computer would be vulnerable for hacking with these buttons activated. The "HP QuickPlay Web Update" solves this problem but it also makes the rotate button inactive.

Here is the solution.
    Download the new auto rotate Version 6.40 B: sp38171.exe

After installing all the quick launch buttons were back in function again.
    I am not sure but it should also work on, windows xp

I use version 7.15.10.9815 of the display driver.

I regred that the HP costumer service could not give me this solution when I contacted them. This solution is already availible since 19 december 2007.

I hope it will also work for all the others suffering from the rotate button not working.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the work Qualityz. will give it a shot later.

Btw, do I need to remove any drivers or anything before installing the new rotation software?

Update: OMG! Qualityz you are the man! The new driver works like a charm on vista. I finally can rotate the screen in both clean vista and xp! Thanks a lot. Now I just need to find out where is the soft keyboard and writing pan that is supposed to come with Vista...

8. Meritorious

Meritorious Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for solving this problem Qualityz.

We wasted a lot of time with tech support without them fixing the problem. I agree that hp support should be aware of their own drivers or patches.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You are the best!!!

9. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

guess it depends on combination of video driver and this auto rotate version!? im using the video driver 8.6.3.8 from 09/27/2006 (at least nv4dispd.inf is saying so), that is offered by davesdrivers.com (http://www.davesdrivers.com/drivers/hp laptops/nvidiago6150.zip). and after installing that auto rotate package, even my remote control didnt work corectly now (it couldn't start quickplay, e.g.)... of course all other quick launch buttons kept being death too :( any hints?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. liz309

liz309 Pen Pal - Newbie

i had the same problem and i download the "HP Quick Launch Buttons" as KIP2001 suggested and it worked perfectly.
    thanks