TX1000 Internal Modding

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Art, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok here's a good one for everyone

my TX being great enough as it is i want it to do more, now whats hot in laptops these days blacklit keyboards, internal HD tuners, SSD, internal WWAN even dedicated HD encoders/decoders to have lag free BD playback now here's where my question comes into play being that i have no digitizer on my TX how much power was actually given in order to power it because i know i can use that source of power to solder a hub to it depending the output that way i can add a tv tuner using the stylus holder to connect the anntena now is there any other source of power i can use to enable a hub. let me know what anyone comes up with:)

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Far as I know it's basically an internal USB connector, so that's what, 5V @ up to 500mA?

If the tuner you were thinking of using was USB powered anyway you should be grand, there wouldn't even necessarily be a need for a hub as long as you can wire it into the active digitizer's port.

If you really need some other source of power you can muck about with the internal circuits to tap it off from somewhere else (which is rather risk, say least), or you could try something like this if you don't use your VGA port.

And by the way, full stops are your friend. They'll make your posts so much easier to read. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.