tx1000 display seems to not turn on

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by LordCorben, Jun 12, 2008.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

you say this b/c you've never dealt w/ hp.
    My dad purchased a 3 yr warranty from them, and we contacted them re a warranty issue, and they claimed there was no record of the warranty in their system.

After the warranty expired, contacted them re the issue that had resurfaced (intending to pay out of pocket), and at this point they're like oh yeah we see you had a warranty, but it just expired...needless to say you know where our money will not be spent again.

2. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh oh hope mine's won't go dark. I've had it for 2years now and the only modification I did was a new HD (Scorpio 320HD 7200rpm) and 3gb memory running on Vista Ultimate 32.

3. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually I say this as I'm Australian and we have laws in place that protect you from that sort of thing. And our consumer affairs department is quite happy to get involved.

Gordon

p.s. now at least I understand why you're so anti HP.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

i'm not anti HP, i think their business line is solid, not so sure i have faith in their consumer line.

especially re the nvidia issue that exists in their tx1000 model, which they've refused to acknowledge, though it has the same components of other machines they've chosen to offer after warranty service for.

5. Paras

Paras Pen Pal - Newbie

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Hi Guys,

I am using a tx1209au, and i had a same problem as everyone else three weeks back. After trying to boot for like thousand times, i figured out that if you touch the touchpad during the intial startup (as soon as you switch on the power button), it boots every time.

I am not sure if this solution will work on every model but it has been working on mine till date. My guess would be a faulty capacitor which is not discharging properly. And these charges are preventing the booting which explains why touching the touchpad discharges it.

Hope it was helpful.

Cheers,
    Paras

6. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

I will sign your petition when you correct Heward to Hewlet

I have still have a lot of respect for this manufacturer (unless they don't acknowledge my brand new problem)

either way, still better than apple,
    -Tyler

7. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Well it finally happened to me. I was using the tablet then vertical lines appeared, faded to white then blackness. I rebooted but only the lights comes on. No error beeps or anything, HDD not starting, DVD churns, no BIOS, screen still black. Looked online for warranty coverage and it expired 2 months ago!! Talk about coincedence! Chatted on-line with support, he gives me a link, followed instructions and still nothing. I asked him how much would it take to fix.. estimated at $385. I asked him if it was possibly the GPU and he said it might be the MB itself. Should I have it repaired or just buy another? If they do replace the motherboard wouldn't it happen again in two years or so? :mad:

8. jox

jox Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. seanhughes1991

seanhughes1991 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, i have excatly the same problem, turned it off for about 4 hours, turned it back on and it never seemed to display anything on the screen. I took the memory out and checked it and it was working fine, put it back in and it still didnt work. This is where is gets strange, i took the keyboard off to gain access to the underside and it randomly turned itself on and everything seemed to work again, i have no idea what i did, but when i turned it off and on again it still didnt work.
    :confused:

10. No2HP

No2HP Pen Pal - Newbie

This is to everyone who owns a TX Series notebook with the GPU issue.

HP is not going to do a recall of this model unless we can generate negative publicity about the matter. I know this may seem somewhat futile, but i urge everyone who has issues with this model to do the following:

1. Write a letter to HP about this issue, and send some forum postings of other customers having the same issue along with the letter. Request that HP do a recall of the entire TX series. They may offer to fix your laptop, but please turn them down as request that they do a recall of the entire TX series.

2. The most important part. Send a copy of your letter to each of the major television network, asking that their investigative team take a look at this issue. Please send your letter to the major networks to stations located in the New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. I would be great if everyone sent a letter to all the major networks in all three cities.

3. This ties in to step 2. Send all letters within a 15 to 21 day period. If we can get 500 letters to one network, i am certain that this story would make the news, and shed enough negative light on HP that they may be forced to do a recall.

4. Copy this post to every Forum that you know has posts about this issue. I will take it upon myself to copy this to as many posts as i can, but it does not hurt to have duplicates.

5. PLEASE send all letters between November 1, 2009 and November 21, 2009.