tx1000 display seems to not turn on

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by LordCorben, Jun 12, 2008.

1. LordCorben

LordCorben Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tx1000. when I start it the display doesn't shows a thing, not even the bios screen. Issue began after I closed the laptop to let it hibernate. 2 and a half hours later I opened it and what it seemed to last a long booting it never displayed a thing in the screen. Sure it powers up, the On status light is on, if place the cord the energy statuls light is also on.

What could it be? Is the display ruined? nothing happened to the laptop, never dropped or something alike. Is there any way to connect a PC LCD to the laptop?

thanks

2. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

try removing any AC power and the battary so the system is completely without power, then connect the battary and the power and turn it on.

To connect an external monitor just plug the monitor to the port on the right hand side has a |[]| symbol.

IF your LCD is DVI (white plug) then you need a DVI to RGB convertor first.

3. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

You can connect an external display to the computer. It is on the side.

I have one that is on its way back from HP due to a faulty display connector. It is just in front of the swivel below the metal plate. Push there with some force and see if it comes on.

4. Wongway

Wongway Pen Pal - Newbie

Had it happen to me as well. Might be a random motherboard issue that sporadically happens on these models (not common, but not unheard of) I sent it back and got a brand new motherboard with a new bios flashed onto it.

Send it back to HP for repair.

5. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

Just as a word of encouragement. I called for the return FedEx box last Friday. got the box Monday and packed it and shipped Tuesday and got it back fully repaired today (Friday) so a 8 day turnaround. Would haven been less if I had packed and shipped it the same day I got the return box. Everything works great!

6. ruletero

ruletero Pen Pal - Newbie

What a ... The same thing happened to me. I have a pavilion tx1030la. I've used only with de battery, then i goes to another room and when i come back the laptop is turned off. After plugged, the leds turn it on but nothing is displayed on the screen, not even the HP logo. I've tried to turn it on whitout the memory, hard disk, cd drive, but nothing works. This happened about a month ago. It seems like HP program this f...ing laptops to broke at the same time and my warranty its expired.

By tyhe way, a new Mother board for this model cost about $500 dlls!!

IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE THIS MODEL

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/ja...1&aid=SEARCH_FORUMS&pil=1&serStr=tx1000&pir=1

HP COMPUTERS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/ja...5&aid=SEARCH_FORUMS&pil=5&serStr=tx1000&pir=5

7. vshwen

vshwen Pen Pal - Newbie

This same problem happened to me last Friday. I've been in contact with HP support since then. I am still within warranty so they are sending me a box the repairs. However, this is the third time this laptop has failed on me this month. They've changed the hdd, motherboard and wireless card already. I no longer trust this hardware even if it can be repaired this time. What other options do I have? I am thinking if I can just send the laptop back to HP; they can keep it (and sell it as refurbished or something) and offer me some partial refunds. Does anyone have done it successfully with them?

Needless to say. This will be the last computer that I bought from HP.

8. perk03z06

perk03z06 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same thing listed here just happened to me last night, and I don't know why. It seems that everyone here doesn't know why it happens, either ... it just does.

I'm a newbie here ... landed on this forum in search of an answer to my problem via Google ...

This bites a big one. I'm going to try the full MB discharge a few more times before I call HP. I can't believe this has happened. The PC is my girlfirend's and I just got done with a 2.5 day cluster rebuild of the HDD so that I could image the POS Hitachi HDD to a much nicer Western Digital - 7200 RPM, 160 Gb, 3 Gb/s ... should make Vista fly ...

9. Leswards

Leswards HP Victim

I too have a dead tx1000, it used to boot every fifth time time or so that i toggled the power switch, hp asked me to plug in an external monitor three months ago, that didn't work, since then i've been trying to get a straight answer from them, of coarse, they delayed me to the point where the warranty is void, so i'm facing a gamble with purchasing a $300 motherboard for it that may very well fail, at this point i've taken out the ram they told me to re-seat and stuck it in my macbook pro and stuck its sata drive in an external case, last hp i ever buy, never have i ever paid for computing hardware with such a short lifespan. anybody want cosmetic parts to buy, beats staring at a blank screen.

10. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

If you had the problem and reported it during the warranty period I would think you are still in warranty even if the time has lapsed while you have been communicating with HP.

Gordon