TX1000 Choppy sound mystery solved

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by cup_of_stfu, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRRCubed

KRRCubed Pen Pal - Newbie

I just wanted to throw my voice into the mix, and say thanks for your work on this issue! It is most annoying! (I have the 1220us which has the draft-n ABGN). I was about to return the laptop when I found this thread! I'm thrilled with every other aspect of it, and i'm glad to know it will (hopefully) soon be fixed.

2. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

i have an a/b/g/d-n custom built one too, and also suffer the sound problem. rats.

come on hp, you can't deny it now!

3. burrick

burrick Pen Pal - Newbie

I have finally, totally resolved this issue without having to disable the adapter. It requires two steps:
    1) HP customer support sent me a bio flash that was an older version than came on my TX1000Z. This significantly improved but did not eliminate the interference.
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35431.exe
    By the way the notebook didn't want to boot the first time after the update, so be safe and backup (scared me but came around the second time).

2) Go into the Broadcomm adapter properties in the device manager. On the advanced properties tab set DISABLE BANDS to 802.11a.

Having done these two things i'm able to surf with the wireless running and run itunes at the same time, with flawless sound quality.

4. burrick

burrick Pen Pal - Newbie

hey let me know how the TV card works on the tx1000z; I didn't think the card fits.

5. cybermarkkus

cybermarkkus Pen Pal - Newbie

It's workiiiiing!!!! :) :) :) Thanks Burrick!

Diesel, let us know if your contact comes up with another BIOS, but this old one (april) seems to do the job nicely. :)

6. Speed

Mine was fixed just by doing this, without a BIOS update. Of course, I might be running that BIOS revision already, but hey.

7. DW3529

DW3529 Pen Pal - Newbie

IT'S FIXED!! Thanks to everyone for their help with this problem. I was able to fix the problem by disabling "802.11a" no need to revert the bios to an older version. HP support is terrible. I contacted them 3 times...each time, same reply "reinstall drivers". Hopefully others will find this message board as quickly as I did.

8. LonelyGenius102

LonelyGenius102 Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!

I just took the tx1000 out of the box yesturday, straight from shanghai, and *bam* the first flaw i found was the sound. I was getting reaaaally depressed until i found this thread. (yay!)

i think i spoke to maybe, 3 different hp poeple today (online chat) who took me through reinstalling audio (and, get this one...video??) drivers, flashing and reseting the bios (which, now i see, was stupid b/c I already had the newest) oh, lets not forget installing those chipset drivers and making sure there wasnt anything near the speakers that might be causing interference!

...do they really think im that stupid? I think i'd know if something in my totally empty room was causing interference.

im quite glad that i told all three of them "ill get back to ya" when they began to collect shipping info from me. (i just got the damn thing, theres no way im shipping it ANYWHERE!)

even though i went through all of that today (man hp has horrible communications on the inside) im so happy i found this later than never.

oh yeah, just one question...
    this sorta means that any "a" networks wont work, right?
    just wondering...b/c my home network is probably just that old...

9. Speed

Yup, a networks won't work, but most networks are b/g, rarely a.
    If your home network is a, you should get a new router, they are so cheap and the new ones have so many more functions!

10. Maarten

Maarten Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the fix! The BIOS downgrade isn't necessary... It works perfectly! (Except of course for the fact that a-networks are out of the question, but that's not too bad a tradeoff!)... Hopefully HP will still make efforts to fix this problem.

Thanks for all your input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.