TX1000 Choppy sound mystery solved

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by cup_of_stfu, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Crew

J Crew Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a great find, but a sucky fix in my opinion. I have a wireless network setup in my house, so I have to disconnect from my network everytime I want to listen to music? Plus, half my music collection is on a home server that I stream over the wireless network. I'm really pissed at HP right now.

2. Maarten

Maarten Pen Pal - Newbie

I sent a message to the Dutch helpdesk for HP (I live in The Netherlands) asking them if they were aware of the problem and if HP was working on a fix. I explained to him that I had tried every driver and that (using HP Update, their own driver update program) I had the latest drivers installed. His reply was to send me a list of *sigh* drivers I should install. All of them were, of course, installed on my computer and the WiFi drivers hadn't been updated since January.

This is just an update. I'm replying to the HP guy right now, I'll keep you guys posted.

3. J Crew

J Crew Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, please keep us posted. I just got my HP on July 3rd and within 5 minutes I discovered the audio problem. That led me to searching google, where I found this forum and this thread discussing the audio issue. It was nice to find that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues, but was not too happy to find that there's not a 'good' fix as of yet. Yesterday was Independence Day for me, so I didn't mess with the computer much since it was a holiday. I'm currently at work, but plan on making a call myself this evening. Thanks for keeping us posted.

- Jason

4. StephenGillie

StephenGillie Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the broadcomm b/g wifi card, and I have no sound issue with it on or off. I believe it may be limited to the pre-n version.

5. DieselNYC

DieselNYC Pen Pal - Newbie

HP escalated this issue to a Rep that is responsible for engineering concerns with the tx1000 specifically. I spoke to him this morning and he said that the engineers have acknowledged the problem with the WiFi Draft N card and the choppy audio. As mentioned earlier, it does not exist with the ABG Wifi Card.

They are working on a fix and he is going to get back in touch with me next week.

I'll keep you posted on any updates.

6. cybermarkkus

cybermarkkus Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I just purchased my HP tablet (TX1220ca) and found out about the same problem (my model comes with an N wifi card). The solution proposed by HP doesn't work for me either. Would it be simpler to downgrade to another protocol? How close is HP to a solution? Diesel, thanks for keeping us posted. I really look forward to hearing more about that :) Otherwise, I take it as a major flaw. I can't watch streaming news or listen to the radio on the Net without getting interference and all... PITA :)))

7. DieselNYC

I've been working with a person at HP on the fix. I'm pretty sure that the software updates will be ready in a couple of weeks.

8. cybermarkkus

cybermarkkus Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a chat with an HP rep. He first thought the Realtek audio driver was at fault. He suggested a new one (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35314.exe). But it didn't change anything of the problem... :(
    So I cross my fingers. A shame, the tx1000 is such a great tablet...

9. J Crew

J Crew Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL, that's what they all try to say it is when you call. I've called twice on this issue and both reps told me that this was the issue. When the second rep started to tell me what to do... I explained all the steps to him before he finished. He just paused and said, "yes, yes, just do it." I asked him, "do you know how I already know what it is you want me to do?... because I've already done this once before... AND IT DIDN'T WORK!" He was still just like, 'yes, yes, just do it." After doing this again and it still not working I just told the guy that I think I know more about computers than the HP tech support. He wanted me to flash my BIOS. I told him I already had the most recent BIOS update... the very same version that he wanted me to flash. I told hime absolutely not, so he turned my issue over to a case worker. I specifically told them to call my cell number, haha... they called my house number the next day! I've called them back twice and had to leave messages both times... they have yet to return these calls.

I don't know what's happened to HP's customer service? I've bought two HP desktops from them in the past. And a few years ago when I had a problem, their support was on point and I could actually understand them eventhough they were from India. Now, not only can I not understand them... but they don't understand me. This causes problems because they don't get what you're trying to explain to them. It's very frustrating and mainly because of this new crappy customer support, this may be my last HP purchase.

Please keep us all informed. And if you have the name and extension of the person working on this sound issue, maybe some others can call him as well to let him know how big this really is. Just a though. Thanks again.

10. DieselNYC

The person working on this is the highest level you can get. I directed him to these links on this forum so he could read some others feedback. He did read the posts over here. They are aware of this Real problem but I don't think they will put it in their knowledgebase until they have a published patch.

Just hang tight, the fix is coming very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.