TX 2500 : Sideport memory or no sideport memory ?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Rex Orbis2, Jun 26, 2008.

1. aleandre

aleandre Pen Pal - Newbie

I am trying to understand if all tx2500 have 64 MB of sideport DDR2 memory or not. This is still unclear to me after reading the posts of this forum, and the confusion was made all the greater when I saw that HP UK is proposing some TX2500 with "up to 958 MB Total Available Graphics Memory" and some other versions with "Up to 1470 MB Total Available Graphics Memory".

Beyond these ridiculous amounts of video memory for such a chipset, my concern is wether or not these TX2500 all perfom the same in games or if some of them (which ones ????) actually are deprived of the sideport memory. How to know ? Also, as a side question, I may be able to ask a friend to bring one back from the States, but there again, are all US-sold models equipped with the 64 MB of sideport memory ???????

HP sure did make a good job of confusing the potential buyer...

Link to the HP UK website : http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF25a/21675-38187-38191-38191-38191-82217824.html

2. pattertj

pattertj Tablet Tweaker

The variations in total shared memory coincide with the amount of installed memory. The larger amount of installed memory, the larger amount of memory shared with the video card.

As for the 64MB of sideport memory, it is available some places and not others. If it doesn't explicitly say it, you can probably assume it isn't there.

3. tC_Crazy

tC_Crazy Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe evensong confirmed that there was 64MB that wasn't reported as being apart of the system RAM. This was on a tx2500z ordered direct from HP in the USA.

4. Rex Orbis2

Rex Orbis2 I Bleed Black and Gold

My retail version from Circuit City also clearly states that there is 64MB in it also.