TwoFingerScroll v1.0.7 update! (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

1. o0genesis0o

o0genesis0o Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    It's very nice that you revive this project with many useful functions. However, the multitouch gestures (3 fingers), while they work and are very sensitive, do not provide much usability, for example, swipe up only flash the aero flip for a fraction of second before disappearing. In future version, i wonder if it is possible to link these gesture to a certain hotkey, for example linking swipe up to alt-tab? Many virtual windows application use certain hotkey to trigger changes, so it would be nice to link them together.

Thanks,
    Gen

2. authorandrew

authorandrew Pen Pal - Newbie

3. mortefy

mortefy Pen Pal - Newbie

4. rico666

rico666 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey,

I installed it and it works - but there is something bothering me: When I try to zoom in or out (in Google Chrome) the zooming is not working as it should. Its jumping around very fast and ruins the surfing experience. I tried to change the Palm Detection Aggressiveness, then it's better but so I loose the function of scroling smoothly vertical/horizontal.

Is there something I can do? I'm using Synaptics ClickPad V8.1 - maybe there is something to unselect there?
    I hope you can help me.

5. flyingdeloreanmc

flyingdeloreanmc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I tried to download everything and no problem, but when I went to install it says, "No Synaptics Pointer Devices found" but I look at the bottom right hand of my screen and it does says "Synaptic s Pointing Device". What should I do?

6. User1

User1 Pen Pal - Newbie

There is also another program called MultiSwipe that lets you map any keybpard key to your touchpads 4 finger swipe, it also has an option to enable 2 finger scrolling in a guest Os when using VMWare or similar programs, you can map alt1,2,3,4 and switch between desktops just like a MacBook if youre using Dexpot, you can download MultiSwipe at www.multiswipe.com

7. Arziraphale

Arziraphale Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey MacHater. Thanks so much for your work. It is really appreciated!!! I've sent you a donation. I cant believe that work from just one guy can make so much difference on the user experience of a big system like windows!!
    I just bought a laptop with 3200 x 1800 resolution, and in order to keep the text on my screen from getting to small to read I have to change the "custom text size (DPI)" setting under: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display in windows 7. But when I set this value to something different from 100% then my cursor jumps annoyingly to another part of the screen each time I use your two-finger scroll.
    I really hope you can help.
    Cheers from Emil :)

8. Arziraphale

Arziraphale Pen Pal - Newbie

Ha ha, I just needed to restart my computer to get it to work. So it works now : )
    Cheers
    -Emil

9. chilliman

chilliman Pen Pal - Newbie

how do you uninstall this two finger scrolling, i installed 1.0.6 and theres nothing in my programs and my 2 finger scrolling spazzes alot.
    can anybody tell me how do i remove it

10. Pál Tamás Ács

Pál Tamás Ács Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

MacHater, could you please make a new version for ElanTech touchpads?

Unfortunately 1.0.9 won't work with these models.

[​IMG]
    It says the class is not registered (in Hungarian).

Their driver is the same. Only the CLSID and the names of the .sys/.dll files are different.

Thanks in advance,
    Pál