TwoFingerScroll v1.0.7 update! (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

1. noen

noen Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an FYI, this doesn't work in the Windows 8 consumer preview

I get an error on launch: Class Not Registered, ClassID: {9C042297-D1CD-4F0D-B1AB-9F48AD6A6DFF}

2. yewn

yewn Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I have the same problem. It sucks going back to the Synaptics style of awfull multitouch, when you are used to TwoFingerScroll

3. denixdaplayer

denixdaplayer Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there! I was using the original TwoFingerScroll back on when I had W7 a week ago and it worked great. Thing is that I wanted to try W8 and let's say it keeps sayin' the "Class not registered" message no matter if I have the latest Synaptics driver. Tried this version and the same thing is happening. Any ideas on how to solve this?

4. mrjeemes

mrjeemes Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi MacHater.

This app looks amazing, just what I've been looking for! I've been using TwoFingerScroll for a while but have been missing some of the new features you've added so I'm excited to try it out! Thanks for developing it.

At the moment neither of the download links seem to be working - do you think you could fix one? Or send me the file and I can upload it somewhere. I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

5. mrjeemes

mrjeemes Pen Pal - Newbie

My bad - it seems like it was just mediafire being down temporarily. Please ignore me!

6. ama

ama Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I tried to install the latest TwoFingerScroll version 1.0.9, though when I use it to scroll, my cursor/arrow keeps jumping to the top left corner of my screen.

I am using a Dell XPS 15 laptop L502X.

Anybody have any ideas / soloutions? Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

7. ArtemAstra

ArtemAstra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey MacHater,

Thank you very much for the work you do. Doing the stuff which synaptics guys failed to do with their drivers. :) The vertical scrolling add-on is great and it works perfectly.
    Well, almost perfectly. The problem is that there is no single-direction lock. So for example, if the page is both wider and higher then the screen, and if I want to strictly vertically, it will wobble from side to side.
    I would really appreciate a fix, which deals with this issue as they do it in macos. I do not know the exact implementation details of course. But I suppose that if the original direction of two-finger scrolling is almost horizontal or vertical (angular deviation is within some threshold) then the other axis is temporary locked. And if the situation does not change within some time, then the lock becomes permanent.
    I believe that this feature will highly improve the usability of the tool which is already very high.

And btw, is the source code of your modifications available somewhere?

Cheers

8. denixdaplayer

denixdaplayer Pen Pal - Newbie

To those running Windows 8, I found the quickfix on the original twofingerscroll forum :D

Run this on 64bit machines to register the drivers. It made the trick for me: (on cmd.exe as administrator)

c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\syncom.dll
    c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\synctrl.dll

Page: Issue 18 - two-finger-scroll - Class Not Registered - Two finger gestures for Synaptics TouchPads on Windows - Google Project Hosting
    Enjoy!

9. peleh

peleh Pen Pal - Newbie

I get this when I try your fix:

the module c:\windows\system32\syncom.dll failed to load

10. mark29

mark29 Pen Pal - Newbie

You have to use cmd with admin permissions, windows key, type cmd, right click command prompt then select run as administrator.

now those 2 lines should succeed, for me I then got a different error with 2 finger scroll and had to reinstall touchpad drivers, now 2 finger scroll works fine.

registered just to answer so hope this helps