TwoFingerScroll v1.0.7 update! (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry I can't help except to state that it's working fine here...I even launched Chrome to check there, and yeah, it worked fine with the smooth scroll option. You may need to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them. I'd install the Synaptics driver first, then the 2fingerscroll app. Good luck, as it works really well here.

2. Feralboy

One more thing...not sure what the optimal settings are for the Synaptics driver...I had problems because I turned off too much. I turned everything pretty much back on, except 2finger scroll, and all was well again. So I suggest you turn everything on in the Synaptics driver, try it, and then experiment with turning components off one at a time.

3. bija

bija Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh wow smooth scrolling is a dream.

I have a feature request. Can you add an option to invert the scrolling direction?

Before you scoff at my inverted preference, consider that when scrolling on the touch screen the reaction is inverse of scrolling on the touch pad. I personally like them to behave the same way. (Dragging down makes the page scroll up). This is really intuitive on the touch screen because the movement is 1:1 with your finger movement. On the touch pad it is a little different, but I imagine I'm not the only person that likes them to scroll the same way.

Also, though I imagine this would be harder to implement, it would be awesome to have the option to scroll whatever the mouse is over rather than having to click for focus before scrolling. The synaptics driver does this (albeit poorly).

Thank you for the awesome app.

4. rod88

rod88 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm confused. What is this application for? I can already scroll with two fingers on my TM2.

5. ymalaika

ymalaika Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Machater,

So we should send donations to "Ultimate Filez"? Is that right?

6. Feralboy

rod88 -- it improves the experience by a factor of 10! If you're fine with the way the trackpad scrolls, you don't need it, but I would imagine, like the rest of us, you have problems with it. Give this a try...it's an amazing improvement.

7. MacHater

MacHater C++ Programmer/PC Gamer

Correct. PayPal accepted.

8. bluezy

bluezy Pen Pal - Newbie

"keep scrolling on edges" function doesnt work work well.

instead of scrolling smoothly it scrolls slowly and kind of in a choppy way.
    its like every 0.5 a sec it scrolls a couple of lines.

I can get it to work well very rarely.

9. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

With the synaptic 2 finger scroll it is very awkward. You have to place 2 fingers nicely side by side and then slide them together down.

With this app the algorythm for scrolling is much better.

I think mac+osx is still the king of 2 finger scroll (its so smooth and easy) but this app comes to closest to that experience of any PC 2 finger scroll application.

10. kaizer

kaizer Pen Pal - Newbie

On the mac there is the option for placing two fingers on the trackpad and clicking a left click (because that is the only button they have..) and you get a right click (or context menu).
    It would be nice to have that option.

two finger scroll has the option for one finger then second finger and you get a right click but it's not quite the same for someone who has been on a mac for too long.

:eek: