TwoFingerScroll v1.0.7 update! (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

MacHater,

No, I don't have two copies of TwoFingerScroll running. What exactly do you have enabled / disabled in the Synaptics preferences? After a couple reboots and changes, still can't drag windows with a tap. I can with the mouse button, but it's clumsy on the trackpad.

2. Feralboy

MacHater,

Okay, I've turned everything back on on the synaptics software except two-finger scrolling, and things are working again :) Guess I just need to play around with the Synaptics settings to find the sweet spot.

3. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

great application, i was just wondering if it would be possible to add an option to completely remove the taskbar icon. i understand you wont be able to access settings again without re-downloading the program but i find once it's set up to your liking you don't really need to use that icon anymore

4. MacHater

MacHater C++ Programmer/PC Gamer

It's possible to remove the icon, but it's also highly inconvenient to do so.

If you just want to hide the icon, why not drag it into the "hide list" of Windows 7 (the up arrow).

5. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

im very minimalist with tray icons, that's how i have it set up right now but even then i dislike having a bunch of icons under that arrow if i can help it, especially if i dont intend on clicking them again. if it isnt too much of a bother i would really appreciate such a feature on it, but im still fine without it, thanks so much, it does wonders on scrolling

6. fastangel

fastangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Geez... Zergling... You can't be serious with that strange, personal obsession-based request. MacHater shouldn't be wasting time working on anything like that that would help ONLY ONE PERSON (you)!

7. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

that's why i'm saying if it's not too much of a bother, i really don't wish to argue on it and i really appreciate the program as it is and it's working wonderfully, it was just a (hopefully little, as I'm not familiar with C++ at all) request and wasn't sure if it just took a few lines of code or not and perhaps others would be willing to use such an option as well

8. ymalaika

ymalaika Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. Just updated to the latest synaptics driver plus TwoFingerScroll. I can actually use the touchpad now... You've turned a mild daily frustration with something barely usable into pure, unadulterated awesomeness. The scrolling is great, and I LOVE having modern tapping options. :)

Thank you, machater, I'm totally donating!!! HP and Synaptics should pay you as well.

Seriously, this is a must have for all tm2 users.

9. Feralboy

MacHater, I just can't tell you how nice this has been...it's like having a brand new machine -- one done right! Finally, scrolling with the trackpad is just as fluid as using touch. This is not a maybe, but a must-have update for all TM2 users. Again, many thanks.

10. Fkn0wned

Fkn0wned Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the newest synaptics drivers and the newest twofingerscroll but for some odd reason the only scroll option that works for me is compatible, and i would really like to use smooth scroll...

i used it before once i first got my machine and before i did the fresh install but now in chrome smooth scroll only scrolls up and i can't make the page go down.