TwoFingerScroll v1.0.7 update! (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MacHater

MacHater C++ Programmer/PC Gamer

Readme:
    Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g65i8ivgq6aaesx
    http://www.multiupload.com/5WHF5C74PC

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. MacHater

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, I'd donate if I could, it works really well now. The only major problem I have is horizontal scroll doesn't work with two finger scroll, other than that, everything else planned seems pretty additional/cool.

4. MacHater

The original author never made horizontal scrolling; it was only vertical.

I just implemented some fixes, such as for ClickPad click-and-dragging.

5. MacHater

Appreciate the appreciation though!

6. MacHater

Hey guys, I'm pushing out a new version tomorrow with an awesome new feature (popularly requested):
    [​IMG]

... You've guessed it! SMOOTH Horizontal scrolling! And now it feels... like a ... Mac. Move around a web page with horizontal and vertical scrollbars now more naturally with two fingers on the touchpad.

I'm putting some "final touches" on it, but otherwise it completely works as it is.

Need to go to bed now, tired :\

7. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

MacHater,

Wow, this is exciting! I'm finally getting my TM2 back from HP repair today after about six weeks of hell and I'm eager to give this a try. I love my TM2 but to be generous, the trackpad sucks. If the new driver and your mod work out, I'll be one happy tableteer!

8. SDreamer

Wow, awesome. Looking forward to it! Is 2+1 tap working for you? I can't seem to get it to work. Thought I'd throw that out there. The only reason this progam is so awesome is now I don't ever have to actually click. :D Thanks much!

EDIT: Today I'm having trouble with the two finger tap, it keeps scrolling down when I try to use it. I have to tap with the very tips of my fingers to make it work well. Right now I have it configured as middle click.

9. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

Machater please dont make such announcements it makes me too excited to want to try out the new version!

A suggestion though, I dont know if it is hard to implement but inertia would be awesome. You know, when you give it a fast flick that it keeps scrolling and slowly stops. I think in synaptics driver it is called coasting.

If you do that it will be the best :D Also, I think in this or another thread I said that the movement was a bit jerky, it is a lot better now after fidling with some settings and using ie9 beta.

10. MacHater

Version 1.08 released!
    - Added horizontal two finger scrolling
    - Added checkboxes to allow disabling/enable vertical & horizontal scrolling individually
    - Improved upon original implementation of edge scrolling
    - New ability to scroll horizontally while vertically edge scrolling, and vice versa
    - Various GUI tweaks
    - Fixed a jumping cursor bug with original author's implementation of one+one, and two+one click
    - Fixed a jumping cursor scrolling bug with vertical scrolling

Use download link in original post!

[​IMG]

11. SDreamer

How do you do the horizontal scrolling? lol. I gave it a try and it wasn't working for me. I did notice that scrolling left did the "back" command and scrolling right did the "forward" command.

12. MacHater

I've only tested the horizontal scrolling in Google Chrome, you just simply place your two fingers on the touchpad as usual, and scroll to the sides instead of up and down.

13. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Doesn't work at all with Synaptics TouchPad 5.9. Quite odd, since the original version of TwoFingerScroll did.

No, I don't have a tm2 yet. I'm not even sure if I'll get one; depends on whether or not HP announces a tm3 or something along those lines soon. (That, and I don't know if even the HD 4550 or 5450 would deliver enough performance for my uses.)

14. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

Good program, scroll actually works in opera instead of the picky and jerky synaptics.

Another program on the list that should be windows standard.
    -accelerometer
    -tippopper
    -TwoFingerScroll

15. MacHater

Did you remember to enable Linear Scrolling + Vertical/Horizontal scrolling?

That's the idea :D

16. Feralboy

While I haven't downloaded the latest build, the previous one rocks, man!!! For the first time since I got my TM2, I can actually do problem-free 2-finger scrolling. It amazes me that companies like HP don't put brains on these issues and fix them. Having come from a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, it's kind of strange. The first couple years of Lenovo ownership saw dozens of patches and fixes to make the system better. The first year, I got updates on a weekly basis. The second year it dropped to every couple of weeks or so, and now, nearly 4 years later, I still get the occassional update. HP just doesn't seem to care. Anyway, I'm sending you $20 for your hard work man, and I hope everyone else out there who benefits from this does the same. Even if you're "broke", you can come up with a few bucks for a tool that's going to change the way you use your tablet. Let's support innovation!

17. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In TwoFingerScroll? Yeah, all are enabled. Synaptics' own two-finger scroll implementation is also disabled. And when I attempt to scroll with two fingers, the cursor doesn't move. It just doesn't scroll, that's all.

18. Feralboy

MacHater,

It looks like you squashed the cursor jumping bug on click with 1.08 -- awesome. Keep up the good work! One thing I noticed is that the trackpad doesn't work at all in Visual Studio 2010 with my current settings. I tried the "Smart" scroll setting, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Is a fix due?

19. Feralboy

MacHater,

Got virtually everything working except I can no longer drag windows/icons. Doesn't seem to recognize the clicks and when I go into the Synaptics Clickpad version 7.4 accessory, Tapping is deselected. If I select it, every time I return to the properties it's deselected. Am I doing something wrong here, or is tap and drag broken? Thanks.

20. MacHater

Tap and drag works correctly here.

Are you sure you don't have two copies running?