Two questions before I order a tx2z (Vista & motherboard related)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by deadlydingo, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buu

buu Pen Pal - Newbie

does this imply the same motherboard? I'm wondering if the plug for the different plugs of the monitors share the same plug outlet...

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

my tx2500 has a grainy screen.

I don't see what you people are complaining about though as it's not bad at all.

you can see the grainy-ness when you're looking for it, but when your gaming or senselessly browsing the internet you would never notice it.

just my 2 cents,
    -Tyler

3. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, having the same drivers doesn't necessarily imply the motherboard is going to be the same. The tx2 motherboards lack the s-video port, so there might be some difference. Sorry I cant provide a more definite answer but there is a chance that it might not fit tightly and some modifications to the chassis might be necessary.

4. deadlydingo

deadlydingo Pen Pal - Newbie

I dunno if anyone else is having issues with their Tx2z, but mine is starting to hit that infamous post warranty HP failure. It's the same thing that happened with my gf's dv2000 where the screen would flicker periodically, then go black. It freezes up any time it starts getting hot too. Luckily, I bought mine from Costco and they have a great extended warranty. I don't think I'm going to get any more HP's...:( I may have to become a macboy...