Two New Laptops: Galaxy Book Ion & Flex still no SGB12 update

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 29, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah we got our test sample of the flex yesterday . Haven't had time to due any testing on it yet other than turning it on and doing initial setup. I will say given the light weight, the feel and perceived build quality are excellent

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

wow.....watching that video I don’t think Samsung ever pimped their s-pen out nearly as much as that video did.

I have to admit though.....the flex does look a lot more interesting of a pc from that video. Making the trackpad double as a wireless charging pad for your phone is pretty ingenious.

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I noticed that as well. It's consistent with Samsung's messaging that their pen tech is a key differentiator.

BTW: The phone charge feature is also prominent on Lenovos newest all in one desktops and we hear that Dell and HP will be putting it in at least the majority of their consumer systems this year.

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

why no 8, 9 or 10" models ?
    I am ready to pay the same price off a larger screen.
    But I need portabilityyyyy !

5. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it already available for sale somewhere or is it just more pre-launch marketing? It's been more than 2 months since announcement but I can't find it listed for sale anywhere.

6. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

It's all about EMR on a mobile 15.6" screen, baby! ;) The rest is the details. LOL.

I'm actually sort of surprised this device has gotten better "press" on these forums. I've been waiting a long time for someone to put out a convertible 15.6" EMR device. This is the first, as far as I know. Samsung finally got screens that are the .6" bigger.

thatcomicsguy and kurt corbin like this.
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I find it hard to get too excited over half an inch. This is the 3rd 15-Inch/S-pen device Samsung has released.....all with the same 1080 res.....I can’t help but doubt the overall usefulness of that .6”. Especially since a 1080 res looks less impressive the larger the screen it’s in. In a way, that extra size is almost a negative. Now if they had a 17 or 18 incher.....that would be more interesting.....provided they finally up the Resolution.

9. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

And QLED...unless they f... it up with low-freq PWM.

10. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

Its already available in Korea and China, yet no sign in US. Any idea on release date in US?