Two apps defnitely worth checkin out for your new EP121

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by CMMD-Z, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but I've been trying to find some better ways to get the most out of my EP121 and stumbled upon these two aps that have really complimented my user experience with the slate thus far.

First being Bumptop and the other being Hot Virtual Keyboard.
    Bumptop's not anything new bump just remembered it and was curious as to how it would be useful on an actual touch surface slate. so far its been pretty cool and easy to navigate around the dt when i'm on the go.

The other being Hot Virtual Keyboard. i'll be honest, not a big fan of the built in keyboard so did some searching and tried some free virtual keyboards out there and wasn't impressed. then i stumbled upon HVK. Read some really positive reviews but the $30 price tag was a real turn off. ($30!?!) Been using the trial version and gotta say it's been really good. Very responsive and fully customizable not just in terms of color and what not buta full variety of different layouts that are fully adjustable to suit anyones needs. Even has a built in dictionary and auto complete feature. Typing has been as good if not better than on an iPad. Can't really speak for other tabs esp ones that're Android based since i haven't tried any. As steep as the price may seem at first thinking it might be worth it esp if it means not having to carry around another piece of hardware.

2. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting ideas-thanks!

3. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

How does Hot Virtual keyboard work with the hardware keyboard button? Or the little popup that appears in text input boxes. l hate the onscreen keyboard too, but I just can't stop using it cause of it's integration into windows and the ep hardware.

4. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

dbrn - don't mention it. ;)
    murf - I haven't tried configuring to the hw button, but there is an option to have a small icon on your desktop, you can configure it to be on there on top of all your aps at all times. You can also adjust the transparency or have it auto hide. Can even have it floating or locked. But by far waaaay better than the built in keyboard. Love the fact that you can adjust the size and transparency. Hope this helps.

5. homer1324

homer1324 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey

first of all, flanks for the awesome advice;
    how were you able to get b Bumptop? I did some research and it looks like its no longer available...
    thanks,

6. jinnijinn

jinnijinn Pen Pal - Newbie

At CNET they're offering the keyboard for $14.95. I like it much more than the default.

7. DoubleE

DoubleE Pen Pal - Newbie

8. jrl022

jrl022 Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question for the OP: Is the sidebar in the above screenshots part of Bumptop or is that something else? I have Google Desktop but that looks a little more uniform which I like.

9. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

That looks to me like a Win7 gadget, possibly App Launcher. You can drag and drop shortcuts into that box.